Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like a fat flabby waste of space after seeing those women in the other post...  I had 4 kids in 5 years.  All c-sections... I gained 100lbs total and still haven't lost any of it.  My youngest is almost 1, and even though a breastfed all of them and I eat healthy and drink a shit ton of water, the weight won't leave!  I am so disgusted with myself... I am 5' 3" and I weigh 245lbs.  I do not have hardly any time to work out between work and the kids. :( I hate myself....

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
ESER
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do it mama, you just have to MAKE the time. It is hard to do when you are tired and the kids won't stop calling for you. But your health is important for the whole family. And you deserve to do something GREAT for yourself. Make sure to find a workout that you ENJOY!! Have a ton of fun in watching your body come back.

julesmccord
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this
First, look at yourself in the mirror.

See the wonder of your body. You GREW four humans in that body. Nurtured them, talked to them, gave them their first glimpse of love. Its not a bad body, dont hate it. Its a true work of art.

Then, tell yourself time to tone it up! Play at the park with the kids-those ladders are tough...and the slides are still fun! Make your portion sizes closer to your kids sizes. 1200 a day-less and you will hold onto the fat (per my Dr) set mini goals & work towards losing inches.

You can totally do it!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiralyn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:31 AM
You're still beautiful. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommiie
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:35 AM
Im chunky too 5'6 200 lbs but dh loves it and im growing to accept my kids which i wanted left me sum cushion to cuddle them with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM

I feel you...I lost so much weight from breastfeeding and then my baby started nursing less and less in the last 2 months and I have been gaining so much because of eating the same amount that I did before with no working out(I didn't really work out when I lost the weight either). I am trying to pay more attention to my serving sizes and decrease my caloric intake and get into the habit of walking with my kids once a day. I am still thinking about whether or not I want to try Visalus shakes once a day to help boost my weight loss. I find it really hard to make time for the exercise because I am so tired all the time...I wanted to wake up at about 4am and go running then come home, take a shower and go back to bed. But I just couldn't do it. I would set my alarm and then cut it off because I was so tired I didn't want to wake up. At night I am so ready to just relax it's hard to find the motivation, but I think that's going to be the best time for me...Because then I can leave the kids home with DH, go run, then take my shower and get ready for bed while relaxing for a bit.

Examine your daily routine and if you don't have a routine-make one! When I first did my routine I couldn't believe the difference in myself and my kids and how much more time I had.

Substitute lazy stuff for energy consuming ones-Take the stairs instead of the elevator even if it's for just one or two floors out of many. Park further away from the entrances to stores. Jog in place during commercial breaks on TV. Stand while doing certain activities that you would normally sit for(while pregnant I got into the habit of sitting to fold laundry, so I have broken that habit). Think about the things you do everyday and find ways to make them into a little exercise...Even if they don't make you feel exhausted or sore afterwards they DO help you to lose.

Keep track of what you eat then make changes. Like keep a diary for a day of everything you eat and drink. Then start making small changes week by week or month by month...Like if you drink soda, switch it out with water. If you have been eating 3 or 4 snacks per day, cut it down to 1 or 2. If you haven't been eating fruits or veggies, switch a snack or carb side dish with a fruit or veggie. If you haven't been eating much protein find ways to add protein to what you eat-like peanut butter with an apple for banana, 3oz of chicken or 1 hard boiled egg to a meal sized salad, quinoa instead of white rice as a side.

Don't look at the scale more than once a week...It will do more harm than good to watch it fluctuate up and down every day.

Find someone to work out with if you can because it makes it makes it easier to keep up with doing it.

Use your measuring equipment in the kitchen to measure the sizes of your portions...If a serving size is one cup only eat that one cup. If a serving is 2 tablespoons only eat 2 tablespoons.

I am just getting back on the bandwagon with watching what I eat and exercising. I hope you do well and I believe you can as long as you set your mind to it!

CartersMomma11
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:00 AM
Dnt hate urself, ur a mother && to ur kids u r their beautiful mommy. dnt worry what others think. Love urself for u.
xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:24 AM

ditto :/ 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM

I've had 3 kids in 4 years all c-sections. I hear ya. We're hoping to have our next within 2 years and then we're done (our youngest is 8 days old). After we finish then I'm planning on a tummy tuck and boob lift. 

ShannyLouisiany
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:34 AM

don't hate yourself. I'm sure you're great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Don't hate yourself, everyone is different. Plus wow, that's a lot of kids in a short period of time...your body never truly recovered from having one before being saddled up with another one.

The good thing about this is that you can totally change it! It's all up to you! You can take control of your body & diet and get into the shape you desire. You have gotten some good advice already, and use Google, there are many sites that can help you.

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)