Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am going to Sue Mtv for getting my teen pregnant!

Posted by   + Show Post
With MTV's 16 & pregnant, and Teen Mom show glorifying teen pregnancy. My teen wanted a baby, and got pregnant. D@MN YOU MTV!

See how stupid the logic, or there lack of is in blaming others for teen pregnancy? Honestly just be a parent, teach your kids, and hope you raised them to do right by you, and themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:10 AM
Replies (61-70):
mommy2annaliese
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Tv doesn't get you pregnant, sex does.

and my parents put me on BC the week i got my period, so that way i wouldn't have to worry about asking it, and be too embarrased and not use it, they also bought condoms and left them in my room, after going on and on about the birds and the bee's. they did not condone any sex before marraige, but they weren't stupid enough to think it couldn't happen.

I didn't have sex until i was 19, nearly 20. 

and i was on BC when i did.

then, at 20, got pregnant on the depo shot.

NoahandEliza
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I don't know why I kept it, but I got my very old Snoopy Sno-Cone maker out of the attic the other day. It had a warning on it about sharp parts and choking hazards. In 1988, if your kid stuck it's finger in a working snow cone machine, you didn't sue. You said "why the hell would you choose to put your finger in something that is grinding ice into tiny pieces...dumbass?" That's what my dad would have said anyway!

AllieReed
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

No doubt!!! It hardly glorifies it anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I am still surprised people think that show glorifies teen pregnancy. None of the girls on teen mom have the kind of lives I admire.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM

That is partially the parents fault for allowing their teen to watch shows like that. IMO Secret life of an American Teen isn't any better either! 

I think a lot of parents fail to realize they are responsible for their child's actions until that child is out of their house!!! It's all in how they are raised and who they idolize. If their parents are shitty role models, then they will most likely model that behavior! and granted there are the rebellious teens who have good parents, but really, those parents must not be taking all the necessary precautions to prevent their teen from doing shit like having sex! So they still have to take some blame!

rpowers12
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Well monitor your childrens tv shows and block inappropriate shows and discuss the reality behind them. Then don't give your child the opportunity to be alone with their date to get pregnant! DUH!!!! I wasn't allowed alone on a date until I was 18 and not allowed to date until 16. My dad said I had plenty of time to worry about boys my only responsibilty now was to get my education

Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM

How about not letting your kids watch this shit in the first place?

Oh and stop letting them wear micro-mini skirts where their ass is hanging out and shirts that show almost all of their boobs and maybe this problem wouldnt exist. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Paperfishies:

I'm suing fast food places for making me fat!!!!

And Im suing hooters for making my husband like big boobs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Lol
tginn20
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I'm going to sue Hooters bc my DH is obsessed w/ big boobs-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)