Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your religion?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM
  • 171 Replies

What is your religion? If you're a certain sect of a branch like a Protestant under Christianity, what makes your beliefs different then other Christians. If you're Pagan, what are your personal beliefs? If you're athiest, what are your thoughts on life and death?

I really just would love to know what your classify yourself as and detailed beliefs if possible. If you believe in a higher power, are you 100% sure that your beliefs are the real beliefs? If you're athiest, if God does exist and you were given the chance at an afterlife with your loved ones would you take it or what are your thoughts on that?

I am agnostic and I think everyones religion is fascinating. I believe in all possibilities. I believe there could be a god, there could be nothing, there could be something we can't comprehend. I am open to whatever it is.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I am an Atheist.  We are born and then we die, end of story.  Make the most of the time you have here because this is all you get.  Cherish your family, do good and be well.  It's a simple as that.

tifbrown
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Undefined. I am a practicing Catholic, because I believe that there is a lot for my kids to learn from it. I by no means believe all of it. I am very open to other religions and what they have to offer. I consider myself to be spiritual with Christian values.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

If a higher power exists and you were given proof of that after death would you want to be a part of it?

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I am an Atheist.  We are born and then we die, end of story.  Make the most of the time you have here because this is all you get.  Cherish your family, do good and be well.  It's a simple as that.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I believe in a God of sorts. God being the sum of all that is. The Ultimate consciousness that we are all intrically part of. I do not care for religion and would not subscribe to any one religion. Although I have less of a problem with religions that do not declare themselves to be the ONLY way, such a buddhism or paganism, as opposed to religions that actually believe God will reject you if you don't believe or love him in the "right" way.

weirdkids
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM

im classified as pagan (as most of my beliefs fall under pagan beliefs) but i tend to have some beliefs from all over the place. 

TugBoatMama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I am an atheist. I think being dead is just like before I was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM
I'm Wiccan. I believe in the God & Goddess, nature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Anything specific? Like who are the God and Goddess? Do you follow any rules? What do you believe about the after life?

Quoting LovelyJay512:

I'm Wiccan. I believe in the God & Goddess, nature.

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

What do you mean "be a part of it"?  Actually, scratch that.  I believe I know what you are getting at.  More than likely, if it was a typical Christian God and I was already dead, chances are that it would be too late for me because I didn't repent for "original sin".  I would be sent to hell and so involuntarily I would "be a part of it". 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

If a higher power exists and you were given proof of that after death would you want to be a part of it?

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured