Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if i am wrong about mormons explain this

Posted by   + Show Post
The planet of Zion
The belief that Jesus is a prophet
the teachings of warren jeffs
the original teachings of Joseph Smith
Joseph being against Christians
Joseph stating he was more important than Jesus
Joseph now being a God and judging all who enter Zion
the text stating that The GODS said let there be light (yes in order to be Christian, you believe in one god! )
That men become God's ince entering Zion.
Please explain and all who can research and post it hete do so!

Thank you! JoLee G. Waddlekiss

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Replies (31-40):
kiminsean
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM
5 moms liked this
You are WRONG! Get informed. Go to mormon.org
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabrielRiley
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I deny Jeffs. Right now there is only one God, he is the true God, after the second coming the people that have true and righteous lives will be exalted and will be raised to the status of gods. And I totally deny Jeffs. He is not a Mormon. And I do not deny Joseph. Joseph Smith was a true prophet, you do not have to believe it but knocking someone elses religion is not very nice.

Quoting JoLee12345:

Quoting GabrielRiley:

so you deny zion? You deny your teaching saying thete are many gods? You deny joseph and the jeffs? Pray tell
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoLee12345
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
This is Kathy, true Mormons believe Jesus was a prophet and we will be judged on Zion by JS, and God. We believe the saviour is still to come! I am fdls, the new age Mormon church changed all teaching to be accepted in modern society!
pinkdaisy8864
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
7 moms liked this

If you want to know what the mormons believe, google "Articles of Faith".

This post was to ruffle feathers. Cause debate. I personally won't be involved in that because no matter what I say you've decided what Mormon's believe so you won't accept what I tell you.

JoLee12345
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Quoting GabrielRiley:

Christians believe in one God, therefore you are not Christian!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

The "Jeffs" are fundamental LDS.  a knock off of the LDS religion.. and although some people did follow the "Jeffs" not all LDS people do..There is a big difference. I personally don't think that my husband could handle more than one wife lol...nor would he want more than one. thats just my opinion..

Endo.girl
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this
You're both correct. Fundamentalist latter day saints are the ones that live in sects and practise incest, arranged marrages, under age marriges and polygamy.

Latter day saints are usually monogomous, marry for love, only marry over the age of consent and don't practise incest.

Quoting GabrielRiley:

No mormons are polygamist. If they are they are taken out of the church. And all mormons are Christians, we believe in Christ, which is what a Christian is.

Quoting Mrs.Vallo:

Some do some dont. I know some Mormons who do not believe in some of that stuff. just like not all Mormons are Polygamist. Just depends on what their church believes. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabrielRiley
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
We do believe in the Bible. Just because we also have the book of Mormon doesn't mean we don't read both. We believe that we are all God's children so in a sense we are all brother and sister. And we consider ourselves Christian because we believe in Christ. If others do not believe that oh well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GabrielRiley:

but do you believe that Jesus is the son of God?..the Savior?.w.hy do you believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers?..its very intersting to me as a christian..bc mormons believe they are Christians but dont believe n the Bible..does it bother you that other Christians dont consider you christian??.no judging or anger..im really curious about mormons..i have a friend who is mormon but we are not close enough to ask..i know they are very moral people..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JoLee12345:

if you tell one their beliegs are not christian then they get infuriated..i really dont understand it..i mean i know there are diff religions but why claim to be christian if your beliefs are so diff..?

i think its the whole christ thing. 

worshipping  christ --> christian

JoLee12345
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Quoting GabrielRiley:

so why did the all powerful Joseph claim to be greater than Jesus? How can there be multiple gods and be Christian? That is called polytheism, Christians believe in monotheism!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)