Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't let my ds watch gay shows

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have noticed that a lot of children's shows have started trying to add homosexuality to programs and movies. Like Fred on Nickelodeon or the gay ogre in Shrek 4. I think it is inappropriate and I don't let ds watch them. I don't hate homosexuals and I definitely will not teach ds to hate them, and if he grew up gay I would not disown him. But a child's mind is like a sponge and to imply that being gay and being straight are the same is not right and I do not want him to think two men being in a relationship is the norm. Some gay people say they were born that way and some say they made a choice. Well I don't want my child thinking it is a choice just because that is what he has been hearing/seeing since he was a baby.  When he is old enough to understand sexuality than he can he can make his own choices but to influence a child's beleifs through children programs is just wrong and I won't let him watch that kind of stuff until he is old enough to understand. And for those of you who are going to say: Do you let him watch staright couples? Yes. Because that is natural. It is not the same.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Replies (151-160):
miss_lisa
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Homosexuality can be found in over 1,500 species of animals.

Oops! Maybe you should have looked tht one up.

And exactly what authority do you have to tell others what is natural?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mollysmom328:

heterosexual sex is NATURaL.. our bodies are built for heterosexual sex. You know.. a penis enters a vagina!..why are are animals are not gay??.ever seen a horse butt fucking a horse??..NoPE..ever seen a dog licking another cats vajay jay??.NOPE. because humans are the only species that can dream up such un natural and disgusting acts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

why shelter him no disrespect but no matter if you let him watch the show or not if he grow up n becomes gay he is just gay n i wish people stop making a big deal outta of how people want to live their life

Gay pride

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Many animals have gay sex. Dolphins, etc, you are lacking so much knowledge. Research before you speak next time. You are very ignorant. Ps my two boy dogs try to do each other, and when I was little my two girl dogs humped each other. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mollysmom328:

heterosexual sex is NATURaL.. our bodies are built for heterosexual sex. You know.. a penis enters a vagina!..why are are animals are not gay??.ever seen a horse butt fucking a horse??..NoPE..ever seen a dog licking another cats vajay jay??.NOPE. because humans are the only species that can dream up such un natural and disgusting acts

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Butt fking is not natural...

Quoting bluespagan:

How is how one identifies his/her self sexually right or wrong?  How is gay different from being straight? 

As for straight being natural why isn't being gay natural? 

I agree, it's pretty hard to justify that a penis going into an asshole ,that shit just came out of is natural

Aloysious
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

FYI: Fred is not gay-he likes girls-which you would know if you actually watched the show/movies (which I personally find highly annoying).  He just has the high pitched voice because that is part of his character.

I personally don't know what you're talking about-I have a 9 y.o. son and we watch a lot of children's programming in this house and never once have I seen them talking about homosexuality or have a homosexual/bisexual/lesbian/transgendered character/storyline/theme in any show that was geared for young children-say under 12. 

I don't recall a gay ogre in Shrek 4, but I only saw it once. Point being, just because it's animated doesn't mean it's for little kids.  Sure I let my kid watch it, but I can tell he doesn't get why my husband and I laugh so hard at some of the jokes because they are for adults.

Nice to see you passing on your judgemental values on to the next generation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Would you let your daughter watch sex in the city? It is full of promiscuity. I am sure if she was not at the age where you could not explain sexuality to her, you would not let her watch it, regardless of sexual orientation. Sexuality does not belong in shows for children and that is my opinion. And I don't think it is as normal as being straight, it is just accepted. A lot of people would be upset if Nick had a show about religion because it is not their place to teach your child about religion, but I can;t feel this way about homosexuality?

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

My daughter can watch shows with gay people in them. It's not a choice. Being gay is as normal as being straight.

jonellg
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM

jesus loved anal, just sayin'

AerickMomi_MrsD
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

FYI

you do have a problem with gays.

admitting you have a problem is the first step..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Gays are there to take in all those unwanted kids that their straight parents didn't want :).

Quoting Anonymous:

If being gay was normal, why can't a gay couple procreate?  I am in no way saying that procreation is what makes a parent.  That is a another topic all together.

thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM

i would think it would help a child understand more and not grow up with so much hate for what other do really really wish people would not over read in to things a child see to people not thinking about what they do in the bedroom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)