Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

argument about mowing your lawn

I had this argument last night about mowing your lawn after 8 pm. I said it is somewhat rude, he said after 8 is perfectly acceptable. I know I am wrong on many things, but I just wanted your opinion!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
jonellg
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

that's too late imo

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
4 moms liked this
It's not rude. IMO it's rude to expect others to only mow in the heat if the day just because it's inconvenient for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I understand in July/August, when it's already scorching out, first thing in the morning.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aschwarz06
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Around here a litigant people do it after 8. I try to do it before dark. I try to be don't before 830 though. It gets super hot here so i try to do it at night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfireprincess
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

that's true
Around here a litigant people do it after 8. I try to do it before dark. I try to be don't before 830 though. It gets super hot here so i try to do it at night

illinoismommy83
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Usually noise laws take effect after 9, 10, or 11. It has been in the high 80s/low 90s all week here so I wouldn't be offended by someone mowing at 8 pm. The sirens from the ambulances that come to take your neighbor off for heat stroke during the day would be far louder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I'd rather people mow at night. I get so sick and tired of hearing lawn mowers and weed whackers going off all day long. Not to mention the barking dogs. I need that quiet during the day when I'm alone and I like to nap for an hour before my kids get out of school.

sunfireprincess
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I guess I didn't think about the heat. He will love these responses LOL :) thank you for the comments.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM
It's only may and it was in the mid 80's by 9am here. Around here people mow no earlier than 7pm usually unless they desire a heat stroke.

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

I understand in July/August, when it's already scorching out, first thing in the morning.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfireprincess
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM

where are you from? Ohio it has been like that the last few days too.

Quoting bmw29:

It's only may and it was in the mid 80's by 9am here. Around here people mow no earlier than 7pm usually unless they desire a heat stroke.

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)