Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is This an Over the Top Time Saver? (I Put My Kids to Bed in Their School Clothes!)

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know that getting our kids ready for school in the morning can be an extremely stressful time between getting them up, dressed and fed.

This mom admits she skips the pajamas on school nights and has her kids sleep in their school clothes!

Is this a mom who is managing her time wisely? Or is it lazy parenting?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
BrookeLisette
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

That's silly.  A good rule of thumb is ... would you do it?  Would you wear your work clothes to bed and then wake up and wear them to work all day?  I hope the answer is no.

starryeyez23
by Leighsa on May. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I think that's gross! Even if I showered right before bed I feel disgusting in the morning. People sweat in their sleep. Ick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganGallagher
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Yeah that's a little uch. Gross
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on May. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

ugh! So they can wake up and go to school looking disheveled? Their clothes will have already been worn for 10 hours (estimate), be all wrinkled, possibly sweat in.. gross. Get up 10 minutes earlier adn you wont hae to worry about it!

nursetiffany.
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Over the top. We lay ours out e ery night before bed. Even mine. Bags too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OregonNative
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Seriously? How long does it take to lay out school clothes the night before and get them dressed in the morning? 5 minutes? Sounds lazy and uncomfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM

My oldest does this on her own occasionally, and my youngest follows suit if she thinks she'll need to rush in the morning, but it's not something I make them do or even suggest that they do. As the others have said, they won't be neat in the mornings if they've wallowed in their clothes all night, and if they sweat, yuck.

LancesMom
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Thats crazy... LOL! Pajamas only to bed in our house.

LancesMom
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quoting OregonNative:

Seriously? How long does it take to lay out school clothes the night before and get them dressed in the morning? 5 minutes? Sounds lazy and uncomfortable.

My thoughts exactly!

LancesMom
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Quoting BrookeLisette:

That's silly.  A good rule of thumb is ... would you do it?  Would you wear your work clothes to bed and then wake up and wear them to work all day?  I hope the answer is no.

I agree, I could not wear my clothes to bed and wear them to work the next day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)