Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is This an Over the Top Time Saver? (I Put My Kids to Bed in Their School Clothes!)

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know that getting our kids ready for school in the morning can be an extremely stressful time between getting them up, dressed and fed.

This mom admits she skips the pajamas on school nights and has her kids sleep in their school clothes!

Is this a mom who is managing her time wisely? Or is it lazy parenting?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (161-170):
TERRIDAWN
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I would not do this, the clothes are not clean if the child slept in them!

wigglesmomma22
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have made my DD do this the night before.  I dealt with years of her throwing the most massive tantrums about getting dressed.  I had to do it to keep my sanity.  She would literally wake up the entire house and no one could deal with it.  I've also sent her to school in her pajamas...she was old enough to get dressed on her own and simply refused to do so.  That happened once, as well as me throwing a tshirt on her, wrapping her in a blanket (she had undies on) and taking her to school.  Her teache rnew exactly what was going on and was understanding of the situation.  Now, I don't care what she wears, as long as she is dressed.  Everyone can think its disgusting if they want, but until you've dealt with it and tried every possible scenario to change the behavior, I wouldn't judge.  It's not me being lazy...its me getting through the day.  She has been getting dressed on her own for awhile and I'm ecstatic!! 

JayneeDoe
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I've slept in my clothes before and it I'd not at all refreshing. Shame on her. Save time another way for your children's sake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM
That is pure laziness. Poor kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlliBeeC
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I understand wanting to save time in the mornings. But thats a little bit much. Sunday night I pick out my daughters clothes for the week and put them in each of their baskets, so every morning they can just take the outfit off the top. I also get their lunches packed sunday night so that the morning I can just grab it and put it in their bookbags!

Aliciasmummy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:27 PM
It's lazy... It can't be comfy for the kids either
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I put them to bed in their shirts and underwear. Then they put on their pants, shoes and socks and brush their teeth and hair in the morning.

kristengill
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I personally couldn't do it.

katiebeth1821
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM

worry about resablity the kids are lazy its there job to get up and get ready. this could follow them to be adults. teach the kids to do it themselves

danni1982
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I can barely get my kids to sleep in underwear, little loan an entire outfit. My kids are free spirits I guess but I do hope one day they will wear a set of pjs or at least more than boxers lol but I think its lazy and gross to make them sleep in school clothes ewww

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured