Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is This an Over the Top Time Saver? (I Put My Kids to Bed in Their School Clothes!)

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know that getting our kids ready for school in the morning can be an extremely stressful time between getting them up, dressed and fed.

This mom admits she skips the pajamas on school nights and has her kids sleep in their school clothes!

Is this a mom who is managing her time wisely? Or is it lazy parenting?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

No kidding!  I guess we just never know.  lol

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

have yall ever heard the statement looks like they rolled out of bed and showed up? lol I guess there are people that really do this?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

My teenager is difficult to get out the door too, but I'd never make her sleep in what she plans to wear to school.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Too over the top.

My oldest is a hassle to get up and out the door in the mornings, but we always make it on time. I'd rather dress him in the mornings.

nikkik526
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM
We have only done this when we have to wake up really early and be somewhere. Like when my dad had open heart surgery, it was for 7am so if we wanted to see him before hand we had to get up at like 5, it was a 45/50 min drive to the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on May. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I wouldn't. Sweat, wrinkles...it's just not ok. They need a better morning routine. The rest of us manage it, 

Reina13
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Over the top. Kids sweat and move in their sleep. Clothing would be wrinkled at best and sweaty at worst. Get them up earlier.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM

That's awful. First off, that is very uncomfortable, second kids sweat sometimes, that is just filthy.

Take the 10 minutes and dress them yourself, lay their clothes out the night before, dress them while they are half asleep. I don't know but I would never let my kids sleep in their clothes unless they passed out on the way home or before bedtime and I could only take their jeans or something off.

Rachellee12
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Kids wet the bed, wrinkle clothes, might sweat. Makes for poor appearance, and might cause inadequate sleep causing trouble in school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillysnow
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM
not a very smart time saver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CAgirlMNboy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I dont agree with putting them to bed in their school clothes, you sweat in the middle of the night as well as roll around and so when you get up you do not look all nice and neat. I can not imagine wearing something to bed I was to wear the next day. Maybe the mom should try it and see how she feels. Might save her sometime, and allow her kids to be kids.

jennifer_oakley
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM

i use to do it when i was little! lol... but not everyday. idk why my mom let me but she did. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)