Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is This an Over the Top Time Saver? (I Put My Kids to Bed in Their School Clothes!)

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know that getting our kids ready for school in the morning can be an extremely stressful time between getting them up, dressed and fed.

This mom admits she skips the pajamas on school nights and has her kids sleep in their school clothes!

Is this a mom who is managing her time wisely? Or is it lazy parenting?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
momto2ladies
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I think that's gross! 

katemma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Crazy. And don't they get wrinkled?
jeremy1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Just seems kinda lazy to me . plus I like my kids bathed and neat before we leave the house that won't happen if they wrinkle and sweat all over themselves
Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Yeah.
I wouldn't feel clean.

Quoting rockgal81:

I think that's kind of icky! People sweat in their sleep, kwim? I think it's lazy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amyinthesky
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

It seems like  a good idea but it really isn't. If you sleep in your clothes you usually feel kind of grosse the next day, plus it can cause cold sweats. It won't scar the child or anything but they might feel nicer in fresh clothes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I've never thought of this, but I can see how it may work with some.

In my kids school they had to all wear T-shirts with the schools name on it, but the type of pants didn't matter.

My son wore the T-shirts with soft cotton shorts with a wide elastic waist band during warm weather. (we live in fl) During the winter when we had a cold spell he wore soft cotton sweat pants, again with a elastic waist band. Also if it was chilly he wore a cotton grey hooded jacket. Very comfy. If I had let him he could have slept in them.

I guess I should have thought of that, lol

DropZoneMom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely lazy parenting.   Guessing this woman also goes grocery shopping in flannel pajama pants??   (HATE that trend on anyone over 20...)

funnymommy71
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I know grown women who do this..... seriously for themselves!!!  Get your act together, pick the clothes out for you and kids the night or a full week before as I do.  I am up at 5:30am to ensure I am ready before kids and we are all properly attired- except the one day when I did "1 eye" and looked like the dude from A Clockwork Orange- LMFAO!!! Had a co- worker appear at work in her slip once, forgot her skirt.......... dedicated Momma!

hottmomma264
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM
I did it whn I was in high school so I could sleep in an extra 5 minutes. Lol. I won't do It to my son, but if he wants to do it on his own I wont stop him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kibbskins
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Goodness do people really sweat in their sleep that much?!? I rarely sweat in my sleep, if its hot/muggy enough for me to be sweating it usually wakes me up at night. I sleep in my T-shirts all the time (I did it all through high-school). Usually after I've been up for an hour or so the wrinkles are pretty much gone. 

Note: I would never do that with work clothes, but as long as it's just like T-shirts and cotton shorts, its not really that bad (unless you sweat a lot I guess)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)