Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can/Should you take belly pics if your fat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm 7 weeks and the baby books say that now is when you;re supposed to start taking belly pics for keep for you baby books. But I'm really Really fat. like a size 16-18 in jeans and I'm scared I'm not even going to show at all when I'm even 9 months....let alone 7 weeks.

I mean, I can FEEL my uterus growing a little. it feels like the size of a baseball right now but I'm not showing. Will I ever show with this pregnancy?

Am I too fat to take belly pics (and Duh, I know I couldn't post any of them of facebook or anything, but I mean even for myself.)

HELP!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
Aeonix
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
I'm overweight and took belly pics. I'm self-conscious of my stretch marks, so I kept my shirt on at all times. I actually lost weight through my pregnancy until the very end and gained 5lbs in total. I was literally all bump, didn't get big anywhere else. And no it wasn't French fries etc for the haters out there, I ate really well and actually had GD this last time so eating like a pig was out.
leidy2011
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
If you feel comfortable then do it. It shouldn't matter what any one thinks. You know your pregnant and if it's a memory you would like to keep then take pictures. I took a few with my ds. I started showing really soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I was overweight size 18 when I got pregnant, I started showing EARLY in like my 8th week.  Everyone shows differently no matter if they are heavy or not.  The pictures are for YOU!!! you don't have to share with anyone if you don't want to.  I have ONE picture of my belly, ONE!!! I don't show anyone, but I'm sad I only have ONE belly pic and I had 2 kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM
7 weeks is way to early to see any change.... Even for skinny moms

Most healthy women don't start showing until closer to 18-20 weeks

And if I was fat.. I wouldn't bother. Take a few nice maternity pics when you're clearly showing.

If you're a size 18 you may not get that typical "showing" baby bump. My overweight friends never looked pregnant.
Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM

So not true.  I was overweight (not obese) but size 18 for both my pregnancies, and I showed ALOT. I had a HUGE baby bump.  HUGE!!!  Plus I showed early in my first pregnancy.  I had to buy maternity pants in my 2nd-3rd month because my belly was starting to poke out.  And I don't understand why you would say if you were fat you wouldn't bother.  Belly pics aren't supposed to be to see who looks "sexy or hot" with a baby belly.  Belly pics are supposed to document the different stages of pregnancy, whether or not she would want to show the pics to anyone is up to her, but it is a great memory.  What would be the difference if she was skinny or fat, she can't document her memories of her pregnancy because she's "fat"?  I'm not arguing, I understand it's your opinion, but would just like some explanation of your logic. 

Thanks.  

Quoting Anonymous:

7 weeks is way to early to see any change.... Even for skinny moms

Most healthy women don't start showing until closer to 18-20 weeks

And if I was fat.. I wouldn't bother. Take a few nice maternity pics when you're clearly showing.

If you're a size 18 you may not get that typical "showing" baby bump. My overweight friends never looked pregnant.

sarah7181
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Of course you should take them!! I'm not a large woman, but the whole point of taking them wasn't to show off. it was to remember and look back at a special time in your and your child's life! Your child will one day love looking at a few pictures and marveling over the fact that they were in there swimming around. I know my kids do. :) pregnancy is hard enough without being self conscious. so try and let all that go. Take pictures, however you feel comfortable, and document this time. youll only carry this child once. Congrats!!
HaLeYsMoMmY2011
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I was that size when I got pregnant. I didnt take them, and now I wish I had taken them. Yeah, I wouldnt be showing them off, but I think its better to have them and not look at them than not have them and want them

Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM

i won't take belly pictures until i start to show because i too have a little belly on me. but if you want to take them, take them! i took one every month with my last pregnancy for the baby book

Hilary799
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

That's not that big! I don't have but a few and wish I had more :(  take them for you if you want too.

kiralyn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Of course you can, and yes you should!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)