Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this is offensive but this is not???

Posted by   + Show Post

Why is this considered offensive and oppressive

but not this

I am just curious because these are some of the thing people say, i even heard one woman say (on this site) it was unamerican of these women (wearing the hijab, specificaly) to be covered.  Both dress this way as a choice and are not forced to (if they are its a culture thing), both believe in the God of Abraham. There are more similarities than  differences when compared UNBIASLY.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Replies (121-128):
spicy_n_sweet
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Neither are offensive or oppressive to me.

Danita42
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Because in other countries where Islam is the main religion these women are forced to dress this way. It isn't a choice if they choose to walk outside uncovered they can be choosing to be murdered out of honor. Where as the nun get up is made completely out of choice. 

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM
The first picture is prettier.
saltyalley1227
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Nuns scare the crapola out of me but I've had some Muslim friends who cover. I'm not offended either way though. Some women who are Christians and not nuns choose to cover their hair too. I think it's cool they publicly own who they are if that makes sense.

I'm a Christian btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Neithe offends me but really your ethic picture is not free will. They will be raped and killed for showing their hair. Also nuns only were full dress on special occasions. Apples and Oranges again on cafemom. Smh.

Danita42
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Neithe offends me but really your ethic picture is not free will. They will be raped and killed for showing their hair. Also nuns only were full dress on special occasions. Apples and Oranges again on cafemom. Smh.

What are you SMH at? As I stated before below both pictures women who wear the hijab have a choice, there are a few countries where they do not have a choice but more often than not they have a choice.
CafeMom Tickers
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I find neither offensive

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)