Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anti-Drug moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

You do realize if you have ever had a morphine drip in the hospital you have basically done heroin intravenously, right?

"Morphine" as it is commonly referred to, is morphine sulfate. Heroin is diacetyl morphine. That is, heroin is simply morphine with an acetyl molecule attached.

In terms of effects, they are exactly the same -- and medically interchangeable -- except for dosage. In fact, they are both converted to the same form of morphine when they get into the body.

The only significant difference between them is that the acetyl molecule allows heroin to cross the blood-brain barrier more quickly than ordinary morphine. The result is that, in terms of dosage, heroin is about three times stronger. That is, one grain of heroin equals about three grains of morphine.

I am not advocating drug use, or debating legalities. I was simply pointing out a fact.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on May. 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM
5 moms liked this
Not the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Not the same at all.  I have been on morphine and delauded (a step up from morphine).  Not the same as heroin at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM
And I wasnt breaking the law. It wss also in a cotrolled situation. Yes, there are differences....more risk. Good try though
IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, but it was given in a hospital by a physician for pain, not taken on purpose to get high- big difference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao, yep, and it was nice!! :)

wymama610
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
FAIL

And I've never had morphine or any other opiate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM

It isn't the same.

I had gal stones and I couldn't deal with the pain they gave me Morphine, I did feel stoned outta my mind but damn sure it took away my pain, now I'm stone free!!!

I looked more like this -->happy

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not anti prescribed medications. I'm anti illegal drugs in my home

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

"Morphine" as it is commonly referred to, is morphine sulfate. Heroin is diacetyl morphine. That is, heroin is simply morphine with an acetyl molecule attached.

In terms of effects, they are exactly the same -- and medically interchangeable -- except for dosage. In fact, they are both converted to the same form of morphine when they get into the body.

The only significant difference between them is that the acetyl molecule allows heroin to cross the blood-brain barrier more quickly than ordinary morphine. The result is that, in terms of dosage, heroin is about three times stronger. That is, one grain of heroin equals about three grains of morphine.

redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

O-please!!!

That's the best you have to advocate drug use????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN