Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you could NOT use the following two arguments...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
against marijuana, what would be your reason for being anti?

1) it's illegal (because it was legal for far longer than it's been illegal)
2) it's a gateway drug (because that's simply not true)

^remember, you can't use those two arguments. Any other "legit" reasons?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this

This...  I've known several people who were in serious accidents because they were high. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It affects judgement and response time.

ARmomOf3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

im on the fence with it. i've seen people that let pot control their lifestyle, and their world revolves around it to the point they abandon their kid. on the other hand, i have also seen very successful families partake in it on occasion. 

tiffstud
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I just don't like it bc I completely panic. Lol. Shhh nobody has to know that I've tried it. Several times...always thinking/hoping it would be different. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ARmomOf3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

but alcohol does the same, and it is legal except while driving. they could do the same with pot

Quoting jas_momof2:

This...  I've known several people who were in serious accidents because they were high. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It affects judgement and response time.

twrwifey
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I have no problem with cannabis.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
It will just add one more group of fucked up drivers to the road. A lot of people say that pot smokers cause fewer wrecks than people who drink, well, I don't think drinking should be legal either. I don't care if legalizing pot would only increase dui's by one per year- that's one too many
IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Quoting mich.el.le:

Because I don't think it's healthy for a person to rely on any drug to calm or relax them or help them have a ''good time''.  If you want to relax listen to some music, take a bath, meditate, exercise, etc. instead of getting high.

Exactly!

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
It stinks! Literally Lol i do not like the smell of it so that's why i don't do it. I don't care that it is illegal or that its a gateway drug my only issue with it is the scent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm more ok with weed than I am alcohol. Who did you ever see get high and then decide to beat the crap out of someone? Mostly, you would just lay on the couch and eat Cheetos, hurting no one but yourself. That being said, I'm a control freak and I don't like the feeling anything like that gives me. My husband smoked before we had kids, but I thought it made him annoying, so I banned it from our house!

mich.el.le
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you feel about alcohol?

Quoting mich.el.le:

Because I don't think it's healthy for a person to rely on any drug to calm or relax them or help them have a ''good time''.  If you want to relax listen to some music, take a bath, meditate, exercise, etc. instead of getting high.

I feel the same way.  I think it's ok to have a beer with your burger or glass of wine or whatever but if you're doing it to help you relax or feel a buzz then I don't think it's ok.  I feel the same way about food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)