Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you could NOT use the following two arguments...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
against marijuana, what would be your reason for being anti?

1) it's illegal (because it was legal for far longer than it's been illegal)
2) it's a gateway drug (because that's simply not true)

^remember, you can't use those two arguments. Any other "legit" reasons?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

It makes you forget things, it makes you think your hungry when your not, it gives you dry mouth, your brain isnt where it should be when you're high, it burns brain cells. Should i go on?

.ZombieGirl.
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I'm not againist it. We just don't it because we are a military family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Alcohol does the same. Some can control it, some cant...

Quoting ARmomOf3:

im on the fence with it. i've seen people that let pot control their lifestyle, and their world revolves around it to the point they abandon their kid. on the other hand, i have also seen very successful families partake in it on occasion. 

Anonymous71321
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I would use the argument that there's really no reason for substance abuse.

tifbrown
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Nope, I'm pro :)

Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care. Lol. It's stupid for it to be illegal. It was made that way because the cotton growers didn't want to lose their business and profit back in the day or some bullshit. Legalize it! I don't smoke it. Im just against it being illegal too many people do it and end up in jail for it. Stupid shit. It's not a gateway drug. Ffs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Indeed - and we have enough problems with alcohol as it is, no?

Quoting ARmomOf3:

but alcohol does the same, and it is legal except while driving. they could do the same with pot

Quoting jas_momof2:

This...  I've known several people who were in serious accidents because they were high. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It affects judgement and response time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM

well, when grown correctly, and not cut with anything, it doesn't contain the carcinogens that cigarettes due, therefore, there is a much lower risk of getting cancer from smoking only marijuana. it comes from the earth, natural as anything else, tobacco has many additives that make it addictive, marijuana does not. 

but its is best in butter, milk or cream, that way you can use it in cooking and add it to almost anything. 

Quoting wkukid:

Cancer if your smoking it.

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

No, but then, I'm not anti-pot. I just don't want it in my house for the simple fact that it is currently illegal. Honestly though, I wish it would just be legalized. I think it'd be an economy boost to do so. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Alcohol can cause black outs. As for being hungry, what do you care if i eat when im not hungry. Your brain isnt right with alcohol either. Alcohol kills brain cells along with the liver....

Quoting mommy_me:

It makes you forget things, it makes you think your hungry when your not, it gives you dry mouth, your brain isnt where it should be when you're high, it burns brain cells. Should i go on?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN