Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you could NOT use the following two arguments...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
against marijuana, what would be your reason for being anti?

1) it's illegal (because it was legal for far longer than it's been illegal)
2) it's a gateway drug (because that's simply not true)

^remember, you can't use those two arguments. Any other "legit" reasons?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Replies (441-450):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I'm pretty sure marijuana did not make him let your kid sit in a dirty diaper for 9 hours. He obviously has far deeper issues than being a smoker. He sounds like the type that wasn't responsible enough for a child to begin with.

Quoting Anonymous:

because my child's moron of a father smokes it and it makes him even more of a moron on because of all the brain cells it has killed.

UTIOM he has decided to do the following, drive without licenses, drive with my then 4 month old in the car without a car seat, blow smoke into my 4 month's old face, give my child food he is allergic too, AND let him sit in a dirty diaper for 9 hours.

His a winner without smoking.. with he is even a better winner... so yes lets make it legal for more morons like him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on May. 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM

he was sleeping off his high..

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pretty sure marijuana did not make him let your kid sit in a dirty diaper for 9 hours. He obviously has far deeper issues than being a smoker. He sounds like the type that wasn't responsible enough for a child to begin with.

Quoting Anonymous:

because my child's moron of a father smokes it and it makes him even more of a moron on because of all the brain cells it has killed.

UTIOM he has decided to do the following, drive without licenses, drive with my then 4 month old in the car without a car seat, blow smoke into my 4 month's old face, give my child food he is allergic too, AND let him sit in a dirty diaper for 9 hours.

His a winner without smoking.. with he is even a better winner... so yes lets make it legal for more morons like him.

tezell78
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Personally, it gives me head aches. Other than that, my only issue is that there is no way to accurately gauge if someone is driving under the influence of it. otherwise, doooooooooooooooo what you do, I don't allow it in my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on May. 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Ok, but for the people who are smoking it, which is obviously what we're talking about if we're talking in regards to the lungs, it has shown to cause more damage than cigarettes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I never said it was healthy for the lung but it is not worse then cigarettes. Also it does not even have to be smoked.

jacquih1126
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Not against!  But I don't use......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on May. 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

It is not worse for the lungs the cigarettes.
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on May. 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Quoting Refurbished:

It is called doing research. Before I started using medical marijuana I made sure I knew about it, I talked to my doctors about it. I read up on it. I do not see why my education level has any importance in this matter. I just made sure I knew what I was going to be putting into my body.
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I don't like the way it makes people act. Any time I've been around people smoking pot (which was a LOT) they all acted fucking stupid. Then you have the ones who don't believe they're being stupid because they're HIGH.

Also... there are already enough car accidents with alcohol being legal... do we really want to up that number? Reaction time is slowed by about 3 seconds. That's a long time when you need to slam the breaks. I learned that from my psychology teacher who was a drug and alcohol counselor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Quoting Refurbished:

It is called doing research. Before I started using medical marijuana I made sure I knew about it, I talked to my doctors about it. I read up on it. I do not see why my education level has any importance in this matter. I just made sure I knew what I was going to be putting into my body.

What "research" did you do?  The internet?  The internet is a dangerous form of information.  Anyone on the planet can put anything on a website that they want.  There is no requirement for that information to be factual, peer-reviewed or scrutinized for accuracy the same way that published documents and books are.

As I stated in another post, this type of thing isn't happening just with marijuana.  As an example, there was a patient a few years ago who was diagnosed with an early, treatable breast cancer.  She would not have required her entire breast to be removed, and her prognosis was extremely good.  However, she started doing "research" on the internet.  She printed out many of this so-called "literature" and brought it in.  She was entirey convinced that there was a government conspiracy regarding cancer and believed that vitamins, meditation and yoga would cure her.  She even dropped her group health insurance, so entirely sure that she was going to beat this because of the real-appearing "studies" that she found on the internet.  She was 34 years old, and after refusing treatment she survived NINE MONTHS.

Your argument is no different than hers. 

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on May. 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Quoting Refurbished:

I talked to actual doctors and no I did not do research off the internet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN