Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to those feeling suicidal...

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 20 Replies

please listen to the words in this song. 

I don't feel the suns comin' out today
its staying in, its gonna find another way.
As I sit here in this misery, I don't
think I'll ever see the sun from here.

And oh as I fade away, 
they'll all look at me and say, and they'll say,
Hey look at him! I'll never live that way.
But that's okay
they're just afraid to change.

When you feel your life ain't worth living 
you've got to stand up and
take a look around you then a look way up to the sky.
And when your deepest thoughts are broken, 
keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die.

and right now i dont want to die. 

And as we all play parts of tomorrow,
some ways will work and other ways we'll play.
But I know we all can't stay here forever, 
so I want to write my words on the face of today.
and then they'll paint it

And oh as I fade away, 
they'll all look at me and they'll say, 
Hey look at him and where he is these days.
When life is hard, you have to change.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tonesofhome
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

BUMP!

LizBradshaw
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
This song isn't about suicide; Shannon Hoon wrote this song after coming down from a 3 day coke binge and finding out his girlfriend was pregnant with their daughter Nico and realizing the damaging ways of his life style. He followed it up with Car Seats (Gods Presents). Just a little Blind Melon factoid for ya :)
tonesofhome
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM

i never said it was. 

i just find the song to be inspirational. i am aware what its about, i think that it has helped alot of people, music is meant to be taken with an open mind and heart, it can mean whatever, to whomever,  which is also something Shannon said. 

Quoting LizBradshaw:

This song isn't about suicide; Shannon Hoon wrote this song after coming down from a 3 day coke binge and finding out his girlfriend was pregnant with their daughter Nico and realizing the damaging ways of his life style. He followed it up with Car Seats (Gods Presents). Just a little Blind Melon factoid for ya :)

tonesofhome
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizBradshaw
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Quoting tonesofhome:

I know you never said it was :) And yes, it is very inspirational. I was just sharing the back ground for those who may be unaware of the reasoning behind Shannon writing the song. I didn't mean to come off as offensive. Both of us obviously are into Blind Melon, and know the background but others may not see the significance behind such raw and powerful lyrics. Again, no harm was meant, just sharing information :)
tonesofhome
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

i'm sorry liz, i didnt mean to come off as snarky. :( you didnt offend me :D

Quoting LizBradshaw:

Quoting tonesofhome:

I know you never said it was :) And yes, it is very inspirational. I was just sharing the back ground for those who may be unaware of the reasoning behind Shannon writing the song. I didn't mean to come off as offensive. Both of us obviously are into Blind Melon, and know the background but others may not see the significance behind such raw and powerful lyrics. Again, no harm was meant, just sharing information :)

LizBradshaw
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Quoting tonesofhome:

It's all good! I think I may have come off sounding that way myself in my first post :P By the way, awesome find on the video :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

if music REALLY helped prevent suicide... 5 kids in my town wouldn't have killed themselves in the last 2 months.

Amyinthesky
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Music DOES help but every one is different. Some people just need a reason to live or to know someone has come through it. I'm sorry that those 5 died but for some it may be what they were looking for.

Quoting Anonymous:

if music REALLY helped prevent suicide... 5 kids in my town wouldn't have killed themselves in the last 2 months.

AshMomToShawn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM
It's not going to have the same outcome for everyone. Between 9 and 14 music really helped me but Ive always had a deep connection with music.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)