Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM haters please answer this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

Poll

Question: If you walked into a SAHM house, would you expect it to be spotless?

Options:

YES

NO

Other (explain?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 104

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Not everyday. Your house should never be disgusting, but its not prefect 24/7

busymama777
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Nope. They are stay at home moms. I would expect their kids to be taken care of.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM
9 moms liked this
nope... Cuz I know myy house can go from spotless to hurricane hit in 5 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It honestly depends. If all their kids are school aged, and they don't have much to do other than clean, then yes I would expect it to be spotless. But I can understand wanting to spend your day with your kids instead of cleaning.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Not a hater, but I'm answering anyways.. It doesn't need to be spotless, but it should look presentable at all times..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I don't care if you're a SAHM or working mom. There are going to be times the house is messy. What is important for both is that they are clean, at least in the sense that there is no dirty dishes laying around or crumbs on the floor, or stuff that needs dusting on shelves or walls that are caked with dirty hand prints.

My living room sometimes has 20 toys, a few blankets and couch cushions on the ground but it's vacuumed and clean. I think there is a difference between being messy because kids drag stuff everywhere or being messy as in gross "go wash your hands."

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I am not a sahm hater. I was a sahm for many years. I didin't quit my career to stay home and clean my house I quit after I had kids to raise my kids. My house was not always spotless with three kids as that was not my priority but I did try to keep in clean for my family and my own OCD's. 

xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Nope. But I don't walk into anyone's home and expect it to be spotless.
Jeni1124
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Yes, of course. If they are a SAHM then their children are obviously not playing all day making a mess. I'm sure they also never play with their children, cook, do crafts, go places, etc. so they have all day to clean clean clean!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)