Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tmi question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I got a mirena IUD put in last july. I had sex the first time since I got it yesterday. I broke down and had sex with my kid's dad. I'm embarrassed bc he's a douche, but well.I needed it. Today I was spotting brown and passed a black clot. I haven't had a period in almost 2 years (pregnancy, bf, and the iud). Should I call the dr, or is this normal with an iud?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I don't know, here's a bump.

Did hurt when you got it in? & Did they put it in right after you gave birth or you waited a while?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM
6 weeks and yeah it hurt. Not too bad. Lots of pressure and a pinch.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Did hurt when you got it in? & Did they put it in right after you gave birth or you waited a while?

tifbrown
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Hmm... I have had mine in for over a year and my periods although light, are usually brownish and sometimes clumpy. I don't know that I would worry too much, but if you think it is cause for concern a call in to your doctor won't hurt anything.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Its normal. Happened to me a few times when I had a Mirena in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM

um, hopefully your ex didn't give you anything... doesn't sound normal to me, and I've had my iud for 4 years now!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM
That wouldn't show in less than 24 hours

Quoting Anonymous:

um, hopefully your ex didn't give you anything... doesn't sound normal to me, and I've had my iud for 4 years now!

LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Gahh, I want it in right after I give birth lol. Do you feel like you have something in there on a regular day?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Ok. I haven't got a period yet with it. A friend told me he may have just disloged some old blood.

Quoting tifbrown:

Hmm... I have had mine in for over a year and my periods although light, are usually brownish and sometimes clumpy. I don't know that I would worry too much, but if you think it is cause for concern a call in to your doctor won't hurt anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
You have to wait 6 weeks. I cramped occasionally off and on but don't notice it.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Gahh, I want it in right after I give birth lol. Do you feel like you have something in there on a regular day?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)