Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There are people in my head...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was lying in bad last night, thinking about how to get rid of the bugs in my garden. Then I realized, I was actually having an argument, in my head. There was a guy who was being really rude and shooting down all my ideas, he was being ridiculous. And a girl, who was giving me good ideas.
Then I was like, wtf? This is not normal!! Definitately something I will let my therapist know about.
So, what do you think? Anxiety? Stress? Sleep deprived? Or am I just going nuts?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM
For the bugs? No. But I thought I should use egg shells, and that guy said it was stupid, and I should use 7 dust instead.

Quoting swizzlefiz:

Did anyone in your head suggest vinegar soaked rags?  I've heard it works wonders :)

kiralyn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Can you relate the voices to people you know? LIke maybe you were hearing the opinion of a man you know...or something...lol. I dunno. Sometimes I can hear my husband's replies in my head when I'm thinking of something, but i don't think I've ever actually argued with a voice. 

swizzlefiz
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

yup, for the bugs.  That guy sounds like an asshole!!  isn't 7 dust poison?

Quoting Anonymous:

For the bugs? No. But I thought I should use egg shells, and that guy said it was stupid, and I should use 7 dust instead.

Quoting swizzlefiz:

Did anyone in your head suggest vinegar soaked rags?  I've heard it works wonders :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM
I'm glad your getting help. I'm going to let my therapist know about it on monday. I'm curious as to what she thinks.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

Yes I see a therapist and a psych med doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you see anyone for it, or do you just deal with it? I know there are different causes for hearing voices, I always thought they were audible voices. But these weren't, they were just in my thoughts. That guy was so rude, I ended up just ignoring him. It was just really weird.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

yes

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I do have ptsd. Do they talk in your head, like in your thoughts?

Quoting mommasbabies77:

If you know this isn't normal then I'd say you're not crazy. I have people talk to me all the time but it's related to my ptsd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM
No, I don't know either one of these people. They just "showed up".

Quoting kiralyn:

Can you relate the voices to people you know? LIke maybe you were hearing the opinion of a man you know...or something...lol. I dunno. Sometimes I can hear my husband's replies in my head when I'm thinking of something, but i don't think I've ever actually argued with a voice. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Yes, it's poison. I don't want to use it on my vegetables. I'm going to use eggshells first, and I love the vinegar idea.

Quoting swizzlefiz:

yup, for the bugs.  That guy sounds like an asshole!!  isn't 7 dust poison?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting swizzlefiz:

QJsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Omg I do the same thing. I have since I was a teen and I told my friends and they caught me doing it because ill move my mouth like I'm talking. I'll see a random person and have a conversation with them in my head.. its weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM
I've had a very stressful/traumatic year. This was really bizarre. I don't think schitzophrenia though, just because I know it's not right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Schitzophrenic maybe? Has anything traumatic happened that could have caused you to lose it a little?
truth.be.told
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I do that lol

I thought that was normal....

Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
So glad to know I'm not alone!

Quoting QJsmommy:

Omg I do the same thing. I have since I was a teen and I told my friends and they caught me doing it because ill move my mouth like I'm talking. I'll see a random person and have a conversation with them in my head.. its weird.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured