Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Premarital Sex is Immoral

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It is just immoral. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Replies (561-570):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I believe that premarital sex is wrong. It can lead children and young adults to have the wrong ideals about relationships. Relationships based on sex are, IMO, not healthy and should be avoided. A girl (and a boy!) needs to know herself before she should be knowing  a man, and vice versa. 

I also believe that, as far as morality is concerned, premarital sex should be avoided. With ANY form of birth control, other than abstinence, there is a chance of pregnancy. Thus, I think that every person engaging in sexual activity should be prepared to get pregnant before they have sex. It can happen! As a result, premarital sex is negligence at its finest. Especially since a great deal of young adults who have premarital sex and birth control failure will choose abortion. Bringing a child into the world that you are not willing to care for, or are not ready or able to care for, is negligence and is thus immoral.

Furthermore, I think that while sex can and should be enjoyed with your spouse, to engage in sex before marriage is to sin. A carnal relationship is one that is filled with lust- which is a sin! -and frequently, people find themselves thinking with their genitals, rather than their minds. This can lead to harm, whether to themselves (pregnancy, STDs, poor decisions, etc) or others, making it immoral.

Having said that... I DO support masturbation :) But keep it to yourself!!! There is NO reason to know a man/woman physically outside of marriage!!  

Quoting Anonymous:

You are probably two of five hundred that agree. Can you explain more?

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I completely agree. 

*** I am 21 year old former formula feeding turned breast feeding, cloth diaper convert, anti-circumcising, bed sharing, baby "spoiling", homemade meal cooking, college educated, work at home mother to two beautiful children, married to a wonderful Hispanic man who is twice my age and an incredible husband and father. ***

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on May. 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Ahhh I see now. I have seen others say statements like that on here before and It brings out lots of questions .more towards the thought that sex for fun even in marriage is immoral. I've never met anyone to my knowledge that really thinks that way so I'm curious. That would be a good "ask me anything" post

Quoting Anonymous:

I do understand that the thread is really long now but I got the same replies in the beginning. The statement was taken from another post. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If there's some point to the post why not add it to the original post. But I know your just causing drama you knew you would get the responses you got and now your jumping down our throats because you didn't bother putting the point to it in the Op...some of us are on mobile and don't have time to read through this long thread.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM

If you are married, it's adultery plain and simple. Seperated is still a form of marriage, albeit the end of a marriage. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What about when you have been separted for sometime but not legally divorced?

Quoting Salsacookies:

No, adultery is when you have sex with somebody outside of your marriage. If you're not married, you can't commit adultery. Marriage is not a requirement to have sex with somebody.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its adultery. 

Quoting evilangel198431:

This. And also op it seems you are looking to start drama

Quoting laciD:

Morality is subjective.

*** I am 21 year old former formula feeding turned breast feeding, cloth diaper convert, anti-circumcising, bed sharing, baby "spoiling", homemade meal cooking, college educated, work at home mother to two beautiful children, married to a wonderful Hispanic man who is twice my age and an incredible husband and father. ***

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM

So if you read a statement its okay to make an assumption that someone is pushing their own personal belief and call them an ass? Seems ironic since it wasn't my opinion to begin with. Another point provenof my post. Its ok to form an opinion off of one statement without asking a question or reading but yet you want to call someone an ass and say they push their belief. An opinion is a belief. 

Quoting Anonymous:

don't need to. I read the original post and drew my own personal opinion on it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You didn't read any of the thread, did you?

Quoting Anonymous:

and you're one of those asses that pushes your beliefs on everyone. fantastic(sarcasm)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I don't think that way. Immorality to me is something that hurts someone else on purpose. Just my definiton but I have been called a few names in the post. I have gotten some questions and interesting points of view. I have had a few agree with the post but when I asked them to explain they didn't. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ahhh I see now. I have seen others say statements like that on here before and It brings out lots of questions .more towards the thought that sex for fun even in marriage is immoral. I've never met anyone to my knowledge that really thinks that way so I'm curious. That would be a good "ask me anything" post

Quoting Anonymous:

I do understand that the thread is really long now but I got the same replies in the beginning. The statement was taken from another post. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If there's some point to the post why not add it to the original post. But I know your just causing drama you knew you would get the responses you got and now your jumping down our throats because you didn't bother putting the point to it in the Op...some of us are on mobile and don't have time to read through this long thread.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on May. 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I agree a women /man should get to know themselves before rushing into a relationship. I do think that just because a couple are having pre marital sex that the relationship is just about sex. Sex is good bonding getting to know each other time. I have sex with my husband but that isn't all there is to our relationship.just like it was before we married

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I believe that premarital sex is wrong. It can lead children and young adults to have the wrong ideals about relationships. Relationships based on sex are, IMO, not healthy and should be avoided. A girl (and a boy!) needs to know herself before she should be knowing  a man, and vice versa. 

I also believe that, as far as morality is concerned, premarital sex should be avoided. With ANY form of birth control, other than abstinence, there is a chance of pregnancy. Thus, I think that every person engaging in sexual activity should be prepared to get pregnant before they have sex. It can happen! As a result, premarital sex is negligence at its finest. Especially since a great deal of young adults who have premarital sex and birth control failure will choose abortion. Bringing a child into the world that you are not willing to care for, or are not ready or able to care for, is negligence and is thus immoral.

Furthermore, I think that while sex can and should be enjoyed with your spouse, to engage in sex before marriage is to sin. A carnal relationship is one that is filled with lust- which is a sin! -and frequently, people find themselves thinking with their genitals, rather than their minds. This can lead to harm, whether to themselves (pregnancy, STDs, poor decisions, etc) or others, making it immoral.

Having said that... I DO support masturbation :) But keep it to yourself!!! There is NO reason to know a man/woman physically outside of marriage!!  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I completely agree. 

Jessica_Esqueda
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I can respect that! My choice to remain a virgin until marriage is not the choice most men/women make anymore! Personally, I found that I was able to get to know myself and my husband on a much deeper level before moving our relationship into the physical region. If I could do it again, I wouldn't change anything! 

I know sex is good bonding, but I also think it's easy to lose yourself in it. I have seen a lot of absolutely HORRIBLE relationships where the only thing keeping them together was the sex. IMO, that's wrong. If someone isn't right for you, you shouldn't be with them-- great sex or not. Eliminating all sex would eliminate that problem.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree a women /man should get to know themselves before rushing into a relationship. I do think that just because a couple are having pre marital sex that the relationship is just about sex. Sex is good bonding getting to know each other time. I have sex with my husband but that isn't all there is to our relationship.just like it was before we married

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I completely agree. 

marihla
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Then what's the point of the post?

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it is not, lol. I didn't get married until I was 25. I doubt I could have waited that long. 

Quoting marihla:

That would be your opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on May. 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM
I agree. My dh and I didn't have sex for 3years during dating we did about a year before we married neither of us were virgins though he's 20yrs older than me I'm his 2nd wife. I lost mine due to stupidity I'll be honest my nd told me everything I wanted to hear and stupidly I gave in. We ended up breaking up because after he took my virginity he decided I was not good enough .I was 19 I regret it now but it gave me experience. Not saying its OK but I couldn't undo it. My dh and I have a lot more substance to our relationship and I knew that after three years he's the man for me :)

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I can respect that! My choice to remain a virgin until marriage is not the choice most men/women make anymore! Personally, I found that I was able to get to know myself and my husband on a much deeper level before moving our relationship into the physical region. If I could do it again, I wouldn't change anything! 

I know sex is good bonding, but I also think it's easy to lose yourself in it. I have seen a lot of absolutely HORRIBLE relationships where the only thing keeping them together was the sex. IMO, that's wrong. If someone isn't right for you, you shouldn't be with them-- great sex or not. Eliminating all sex would eliminate that problem.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I completely agree. 

nikki32230
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM
No it isn't......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)