Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Diet pills and pregnancy!?!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just found out that I'm pregnant and I have been taking diet pills for a few months! I stopped immediately of course but now I'm nervous because I conceived while taking them, does anyone have any experience with this was everything ok with the baby?

Please bump! And no bashing please, in upset enough!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Replies (41-43):
anon1986East
by Kali on May. 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Seven weeks. I still got one period after becoming pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

How far along were you when you found out?

Quoting anon1986East:

You found out early so it's not likely that the baby will be affected but just to be safe I'd discuss it with your doctor. I cried when I found out I was pregnant with my first, I had been drinking a lot and I just started crying when the doctor said I was pregnant (I had no idea, my period has always come and go whenever it pleases, I only found out because I passed out in front of a store and got sent to the hospital where they ran blood tests). I was so scared that the alcohol had screwed up my baby but to my amazement every single prenatal check up was as close to perfect as you can get (the doctor even commented on it) and she was born perfectly healthy. She didn't even get her first cold, or ear infection, until she was a year and a half old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Did you discuss all of that with your dr at the time? was there any specific testing?

Quoting anon1986East:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting anon1986East:

You found out early so it's not likely that the baby will be affected but just to be safe I'd discuss it with your doctor. I cried when I found out I was pregnant with my first, I had been drinking a lot and I just started crying when the doctor said I was pregnant (I had no idea, my period has always come and go whenever it pleases, I only found out because I passed out in front of a store and got sent to the hospital where they ran blood tests). I was so scared that the alcohol had screwed up my baby but to my amazement every single prenatal check up was as close to perfect as you can get (the doctor even commented on it) and she was born perfectly healthy. She didn't even get her first cold, or ear infection, until she was a year and a half old.

anon1986East
by Kali on May. 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I told my doctor, there was no specific testing done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you discuss all of that with your dr at the time? was there any specific testing?

Quoting anon1986East:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting anon1986East:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN