Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im living in my car. ask me anything! update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 391 Replies
4 moms liked this

I got evicted from my apartment 2 weeks ago. My boyfriend cheated on me and left me and I couldn't keep up the rent on my own. I was staying in a hotel up til 2 nights ago when I got down to my last $100 and made the decision to stay in my car to sleep because I wouldn't have the money for food if I didn't. My family sucks and I don't want their help even if they were in the position to help. I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old. I called the womens shelter and they are completely full. I wont stay in the homeless shelter with all the addicts and mentally ills! My car is working for us right now.

Yes I work full time at long John silvers and the kids go to a income based day care I only pay 175 a month for the both of them

And before someone starts yelling troll I'm not this is a serious post. I'm curious if anyone has been in my situation and made it out?

Oh and yes I'm on my phone and it will be shut of when the bill is due on the 10th cuz I don't have any way to pay for it.

I know everyone wants to help and I appreciate that but I don't want cps called. I live in the Kern county area and that is the closest I'm gonna give to my town.

Also Iam going to go Monday to pick up paper work for food stamps but I have a few questions. I did a little research but I'm confused. What do I put for my address?? Should I put my work address or put homeless? And if I put homeless do I put that I have children or will they call cps on me for that? Thanks

**thank you to everyone i just thought id update you all. i talked to a friend from work it was really hard because we are not really that close but she said i could stay on her couch for a while. she was shockingly very kind. i did get food stamps 337 a month!!! and i went to a church that gives out free food every week and when i was there i talkied to them about my situation and they were able to help me find an apartment to rent from a lady who goes there she said it wont be ready til the first of june so hopefully my coworker will put up with us for that long!**

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kemmerer411
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do you think it's ok for your children to live in a car? It's not. It's really not.
I think you need to ask your family for help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizz2011
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this

You would rather have your children live in a car than ask your family for help? o.O

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Uh dyfs needs to step in. If you can't provide... Yeah
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
3 moms liked this
I have been there and we did get out.
Have you looked into getting a tent and staying in a campground for a couple of weeks? We did for 6 months at one time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Quoting kemmerer411:

Why do you think it's ok for your children to live in a car? It's not. It's really not.
I think you need to ask your family for help.

my family is living in poverty. And my father is a convicted child molester.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I have been there and we did get out.
Have you looked into getting a tent and staying in a campground for a couple of weeks? We did for 6 months at one time.

that's a good idea one I haven't thought of!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Quoting Lizz2011:

You would rather have your children live in a car than ask your family for help? o.O

my family is living in poverty. And my father is a convicted child molester.
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on May. 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM

How do you take showers?

atyou
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM
what's the plan?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

op where are u

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN