Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im on disability and.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a question but being anon so I don't get a bunch of hate. I'm on disability for a bad heart. Today I went to get my meds and they said my medicare isn't going through. Its after SSI is closed. My medication is $2000 for a refill. Which I do not have. Its for my heart and with my condition I can't not take it. What can I do? Please help if you can

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Replies (21-29):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I wasn't sure but I'm thinking they would help. I have medicare as well but it's not going through either. Its secondary but still. but if I don't have my meds it could be fatal. I can't just skip them thus why I'm on disability. I'm calling around now.

Quoting Sunnysdmom:

there are laws for this depending on your state. In a nut shell, you can "borrow" against your prescription. In the state that I live in, they are not allowed to do this, reject your prescirption. In my experience, it is the pharmacy that can't get their shit right...they don't want to be bothered...It takes a long time for them to be paid so they have no patience. They consider themselves a business instead of a public service!

Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I've had to do that to, when I got stuck out of state, they did it but the pharmacy gave me a long ass lecture. I didn't care I pay for my RX on my own anyway

Quoting Lauriemom:

I have had to do this with my DDs medication.  Could not reach the insurance company and she needs her daily meds without interruption

Quoting Supervane:

Well not all pharmacies will do this but, ask them for at least enough pills to get you thru the weekend and Monday until you can sort this out. Maybe they can sell you those few pills.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM

My husbands about to call his dad if I can't get it elsewhere and see if he will wire us a loan. I doubt he will say no. We both get paid next week and he knows how important my meds are

Quoting Supervane:

Do you have anything you can sell or pawn, 300 sounds better than $2000, and if you need them to fully function I.say money well spent

Quoting Anonymous:

I gotta get through until the weekend. If they sell separate its 300 for the weekend. They don't have generic on two of them so it brings up costs.  Its a lot of money before payday next week.

Quoting Lauriemom:

Pay for one day's worth and call first thing in the morning

luvthagirl
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Call your local information line for resoures that helps with utility bills, they sometimes have resources for medically necessary medications
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lauren0305
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Go to a free hospital or the e.r. if you have too. There has to be a hospital somewhere around which serves people w/o insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Well luckily I'm not out of everything. My insurance pays a lot of money on my meds and I still spend several hundred a month for meds after what they pay. The pharmacy did say I needed to refill meds sooner before I'm about to run out. Which is a good idea. Ive just been so busy. 

Quoting Supervane:

I've had to do that to, when I got stuck out of state, they did it but the pharmacy gave me a long ass lecture. I didn't care I pay for my RX on my own anyway

Quoting Lauriemom:

I have had to do this with my DDs medication.  Could not reach the insurance company and she needs her daily meds without interruption

Quoting Supervane:

Well not all pharmacies will do this but, ask them for at least enough pills to get you thru the weekend and Monday until you can sort this out. Maybe they can sell you those few pills.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM
You may be in what we call the "donut hole" in your coverage. There's nothing they can do until you get out of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Whats that?

Quoting Anonymous:

You may be in what we call the "donut hole" in your coverage. There's nothing they can do until you get out of it.

wodntulk2kno1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM
You can pay for partial medication till you get it resolved
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)