Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im on disability and.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I have a question but being anon so I don't get a bunch of hate. I'm on disability for a bad heart. Today I went to get my meds and they said my medicare isn't going through. Its after SSI is closed. My medication is $2000 for a refill. Which I do not have. Its for my heart and with my condition I can't not take it. What can I do? Please help if you can

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM

bump

..guesswho..
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Pay for it? I'm not sure you have any other option right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM

you might want to take the script to another pharmacy and ask them to rerun it ,the first pharmacy might have messed up coding or somethuing or did they check for mistakes ? only other advice is call your dr's office, your Dr might be able to hook you up 

tsoto09
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Ask for loaners to get you thru the weekend, if its for your heart, the pharmacist will loan them to you until you get to speak to ssi on Monday.
spicy_n_sweet
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Directly contact the manufacturer of the med you need. Many companies will offer you a the meds directly from them at a reduced cost (sometimes even free). Many pharmaceutical companies have their own programs to help people with the cost of the meds.

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Pay for one day's worth and call first thing in the morning

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Ok will try. Without them I could have a heart attack so its pretty important

Quoting tsoto09:

Ask for loaners to get you thru the weekend, if its for your heart, the pharmacist will loan them to you until you get to speak to ssi on Monday.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Well not all pharmacies will do this but, ask them for at least enough pills to get you thru the weekend and Monday until you can sort this out. Maybe they can sell you those few pills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Ask for samples.
kemmerer411
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Call your dr's emergency line and see what they suggest. Maybe he can admit you to the hospital where you can receive your medications until you can contact ssi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)