Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE FEEL OF....

Posted by   + Show Post

Velvet! 

It grosses me the hell out. I hate the feel. I hate the sound crushed velvet makes when you touch it. Oh my Gosh I have goosebumps just thinking about it. I HATE HATE HATE IT!!

What bothers you?! 

by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Replies (111-120):
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I can't stand the sound of cracking knuckles ( my oldest son does that and I always flip out), slurping or any other noise while eating and drinking and I REALLY lose it when I hear people hocking loogies (not sure how that's spelled) or sucking snot up their nose instead of blowing it. I used to be a nurse, so you'd think that wouldn't bother me, but I always dreaded doing suction on anyone because of the noise. I also hate feet; I love baby feet but adult feet make me gag. That was another thing I had a hard time dealing with when I was a nurse. I could clean up poop, puke and blood and I was fine but if I had to touch anyone's feet, I'd almost die!!

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on May. 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I hate the way corduroy (sp?) feels.

LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM
My DD used to clench and grind her teeth alot and really bad. Omg I FREAKIN HATE THAT SOUND!!! Smacking (loud chewing). The sound of styrofoam. This EXTREMELY loud EXTREMELY high pitched squel my son has started doing when he is mad at someone. I swear I think one day he is going to shatter every window in the house.

The feeling of wet jeans especially shorts. The feeling of raw hamburger meat and sausage.

And most of all SWEAT!!! Eww! I dont want it on me or any where near me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I have a friend who is the same way with cotton balls, gauze, q-tips, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on May. 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I hate the feel of corduroy and tights/stockings. Oh, and definitely wool and unsoftened towels. I hate stiff towels and socks!

misslady80013
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes, I understand being careful now because I am the same way. I bit my ball...never again, it really hurt. Lol.

Quoting my_babies_n_me:

It sometimes clicks if I am not paying attention, but I'm usually very careful when I'm eating because I bit down on it once when I first got it..so, yeah..it's kind of second nature now. I also click it on my teeth without thinking.. it's usually because I'm concentrating. Nobody else can hear it though, unless they just haven't said anything.

Quoting misslady80013:

Do the acrylic balls make annoying noises too like when it hits your teeth or silverware?

Quoting my_babies_n_me:

That's what I was gonna say..lol. I always have acrylic balls and a metal bar..lol.

Quoting misslady80013:

He must have a metal barbell. I have a plastic one, no problems.

Quoting chas1217:

Quoting AmesGirl:

I cannot stand to have my toe nails filed. it creeps me out. I also don't like teeth scraped on silverware, chicken skin! Or sand on a bare floor, yuck!

I hate teeth scraped on silverware! Df has his tongue pierced and sometimes when he's eating something with a spoon I hear it hit the barbell, makes my teeth hurt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Markers on paper, especially if it's construction paper, ugh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Certain kinds of carpet

FranciRed
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Metal on metal, (makes my teeth hurt) the sound styrofoam makes, raw chicken, high pitched squeals, pen clicking, the smell of cedar & pine, spiders & excessive throat clearing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on May. 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM

as long as im not touching it, it doesnt bother me.

but just THINKING about chalk, literally makes me cringe.

like im cringing, UGH. lol

Quoting gem_mommie:

I cannot STAND the sound of chalk on a chalk board!! Ahhhhhh noooo!! In school I had to cover my ears when the teachers would write; white boards were just becoming popular when I was in about 8th grade. I missed a lot and had to try and jot notes when the teacher would stop to talk because I absolutely freak out hearing chalk on the chalkboard!! Eiwwww

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

chalk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)