Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about miscarriage (may be a sensitive topic to some)

Posted by   + Show Post
I am really sorry if I upset anyone with this post, it is not my intention.

I am 9 weeks pregnant after a tubal ligation as some of you may recall from my post last month. The baby was fine at my last appointment, but today it had no heartbeat. I am not sure what to feel, I was just starting to accept this pregnancy as meant to be only to have it end so soon. My doctor said it just happens sometimes and told me that I can get a d&c or wait to miscarry on my own. I chose to wait it out for now. She told me what the signs of miscarriages are and made an appointment to see me in three weeks to check on my progress. I take it that it can take some time, but I didn't ask any questions as I was in too much shock. What I'd like to know is what to expect, how long can it actually take? I still feel pregnant and still have all the symptoms that I was having prior to finding out. Is this normal?

My dh does not know yet, I am waiting for the kids to go to sleep as we need to be uninterrupted so that we can talk. He knows that something is wrong, but he is not pressuring me.

This is the link to my previous post in case anyone is curious. I am mobile, so I cannot make it clicky. It is updated somewhat, but I didn't bump it.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/16341952/I_am_worried_that_I_could_be_UPDATE_4_in_red_at_bottom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Replies (41-42):
LuvMyBrennaBean
by Kayleigh on May. 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. Hugs to you! I opted for the D+C due to the fact that I was 21 weeks and baby had stopped growing at 16. My other option was to go through labor and delivery, which just wasn't an option for me! If you need to talk, PM me. 

VioletSpirit
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Thank you, I will keep your offer in mind.

Quoting LuvMyBrennaBean:

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. Hugs to you! I opted for the D+C due to the fact that I was 21 weeks and baby had stopped growing at 16. My other option was to go through labor and delivery, which just wasn't an option for me! If you need to talk, PM me. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured