Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ever feel like giving up? **edit**

Posted by   + Show Post

I do ,  been feeling that way a lot lately.

i am fat,   no matter what i do i can not lose more than a few pounds,  and if i let up at all (and by letting up i mean raising cals to aroudn 1000 a day from 600)  i gain it all back.

i am 43 unmarried and not likely to ever be married.

spent 5 years seeing a man that i thought was it, that i would spend the rest of my life with .  only to found out every aspect of our relationship was a lie. He even married someone else 2 years into our 3 year relationship.

I just want to throw in the towel.    I just dont feel there is and chance of any happily ever after ,   never did  before this man. so i really should have know better.

call this a confession,   a vent     or call it bullshit,  just felt the need to type it out some where  , where i wont catch a lot of shit from people i know.

***thanks  to all the understanding people******

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Replies (51-57):
fairyjester
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

shows how little you know

Quoting lalaboosh:

Wow, you obviously don't suffer from any kind of social anxiety. You really need to wise up. Your attitude is toxic.

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting Hilary799:

I'm sorry about how you feel. But if you seriously said that to someone....why would you do that? Because you're unhappy. I don't get it.

she was whining about how she couldnt work because being around people upset her.  

and when she did get a job she would work it for like a week and just stop going , giving no notice

and i still stand by my answer.       sorry i dont buy the i have social issues so  i have to sponge off society

fairyjester
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Quoting Hilary799:

Try the depression support group. i apologize

there one here?

ShyJen
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Social Anxiety Disorder is a real condition. Not something made up, and you dont have it so you dont understand it. Ive slowly grown out of it somewhat. But some never will. I will never work certain jobs because of my anxiety.

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting Hilary799:

I'm sorry about how you feel. But if you seriously said that to someone....why would you do that? Because you're unhappy. I don't get it.

she was whining about how she couldnt work because being around people upset her.  

and when she did get a job she would work it for like a week and just stop going , giving no notice

and i still stand by my answer.       sorry i dont buy the i have social issues so  i have to sponge off society

fairyjester
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting ShyJen:

Social Anxiety Disorder is a real condition. Not something made up, and you dont have it so you dont understand it. Ive slowly grown out of it somewhat. But some never will. I will never work certain jobs because of my anxiety.

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting Hilary799:

and i still stand by my answer.       sorry i dont buy the i have social issues so  i have to sponge off y

you make me laugh,  how you seem to know so much about me, when you really know aboslutely nothing

ajohnson08099
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Ok, lol. I want to make sure you were of normal weight I didnt want this to be one of those situations that IRL you were actually like 86 pounds just THOUGHT you were overweight

Quoting fairyjester:

around 230

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Im sure this may be very rude... But how much Do you weigh?

Quoting fairyjester:

lol   yeah right with this body,  besides have you watch strippers??? have you seen the heals they wear ,  i dont have good enought health insurence to even try that.

no i bellydance

Quoting Anonymous:

You're 43 and you're stripper?

Quoting fairyjester:

actually i am stoping the shot as of now as  i have no reason to worry about controlling birth.    don't know if that will even help after 3 years.     put i imagine i will keep plugging along.  would like to look better in my dance costume. or atleat be able to move better

Quoting ajohnson08099:

.... no.... it means its worth mentioning. I haven't asked my dr so didn't say it was hopeless... Saying that could be a cause.... It means if you are still taking the shot.... Um the stop.

Quoting fairyjester:

umm errr thanks so its definatley hopless

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Ah yeah. that could do it. I took only one depo shot Sept '10 and I gained about 40 pounds... And i have been unable to lose that weight even though I only had taht one shot.

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Um well Idk about the other situation... But you should really see a dr and find out why on a 1k cal diet you are gaining weight. My cousin is anorexic (sp) and she ONLY eats 500-600 cals a day... so... You should really check your health out. On the men. umm idk.. Fix yourself and your health then worry about happily ever after.. because it wont matter if your dead because of your health. gl

yeah talked to my doctor about it last year , when i was doing a strict 1200 cal diet and working out atleast 1 1/2 6 days a week. (insantiy at lunch, gym after work)   she did bunch of blood work  could not find a reason why.    only thing i did not think to bring up (though its in my med record)  was that i have been on depo for 3 years.     I have never thought it the case because  starting before and during the firs 6 months of the depo i lost 80 pounds   have not been able to lose anythign since and have slowly  gain alot of it back despite constant calorie counting and exercise

fairyjester
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM

no i only wish  i was one of those

Quoting johnson08099:

Ok, lol. I want to make sure you were of normal weight I didnt want this to be one of those situations that IRL you were actually like 86 pounds just THOUGHT you were overweight

Quoting fairyjester:

around 230

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Im sure this may be very rude... But how much Do you weigh?

Quoting fairyjester:

lol   yeah right with this body,  besides have you watch strippers??? have you seen the heals they wear ,  i dont have good enought health insurence to even try that.

no i bellydance

Quoting Anonymous:

You're 43 and you're stripper?

Quoting fairyjester:

actually i am stoping the shot as of now as  i have no reason to worry about controlling birth.    don't know if that will even help after 3 years.     put i imagine i will keep plugging along.  would like to look better in my dance costume. or atleat be able to move better

Quoting ajohnson08099:

.... no.... it means its worth mentioning. I haven't asked my dr so didn't say it was hopeless... Saying that could be a cause.... It means if you are still taking the shot.... Um the stop.

Quoting fairyjester:

umm errr thanks so its definatley hopless

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Ah yeah. that could do it. I took only one depo shot Sept '10 and I gained about 40 pounds... And i have been unable to lose that weight even though I only had taht one shot.

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Um well Idk about the other situation... But you should really see a dr and find out why on a 1k cal diet you are gaining weight. My cousin is anorexic (sp) and she ONLY eats 500-600 cals a day... so... You should really check your health out. On the men. umm idk.. Fix yourself and your health then worry about happily ever after.. because it wont matter if your dead because of your health. gl

yeah talked to my doctor about it last year , when i was doing a strict 1200 cal diet and working out atleast 1 1/2 6 days a week. (insantiy at lunch, gym after work)   she did bunch of blood work  could not find a reason why.    only thing i did not think to bring up (though its in my med record)  was that i have been on depo for 3 years.     I have never thought it the case because  starting before and during the firs 6 months of the depo i lost 80 pounds   have not been able to lose anythign since and have slowly  gain alot of it back despite constant calorie counting and exercise

Hilary799
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Yeah when I get on the laptop I'll post you a link. I really am sorry about being judgemental, I try very hard not to do that.

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting Hilary799:

Try the depression support group. i apologize

there one here?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)