Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When you see a mom pushing her baby along in a store while the baby cries and yet she doesn't pick up her child, what do you think? Does it bother you or do you shrug it off?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (101-110):
SaraSnider
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Umm ok??? They are not HURTING their kids with a treat. She prob isnt giving her kid cookies often since her kind recognizes it as a treat at the store. IT IS NOT UR BABY!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I care about babies.

Quoting SaraSnider:

Wow who cares what she gives her kid! I personaly havent given my dd(11 months) sweets but i dont judge my sister that gives her 12month dd sweets her choice not mine

Quoting Anonymous:

You let your seventeen month old have cookies? Wow.

Quoting MyBellaRosey:

My baby has not done this in a store yet, she is 17 months. When she was little I would wear her in my ergo if I knew it was going to be a while. If it was quick I would use the stroller or travel system and so far so good. Even as a toddler she is usually compliant, then again whenever we go to the grocery store she gets super excited bc the lady at the bakery gives her a cookie LOL. She starts saying "Mmmmmm" as we approach the parking lot lol. The "Mmmm" gets more enthusiastic as we get out of the car and go inside lol.

hotmama83227
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM

i have been there, baby might just want to be held and she is trying to hurry through the store so she can tend to said baby, it never bothers me...well actually i do feel the need to offer help lol only cus i know what it feels like!

metalhealthmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
This, actually. Lol.

Quoting PortiaRose:

I think "good lord, kid, let your mom shop... kids, man...."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmarie214
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM

geez.... i give my daughter cookies, shes 3 now but at 17 months im sure she had cookies! its fine in moderation!

Quoting champagne_rose:

Who is to say we don't?

Btw, a cookie every now and then isn't harmful. I give my kid a cookie sometimes. He is fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I care about babies.

Quoting SaraSnider:

Wow who cares what she gives her kid! I personaly havent given my dd(11 months) sweets but i dont judge my sister that gives her 12month dd sweets her choice not mine

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MyBellaRosey:

My baby has not done this in a store yet, she is 17 months. When she was little I would wear her in my ergo if I knew it was going to be a while. If it was quick I would use the stroller or travel system and so far so good. Even as a toddler she is usually compliant, then again whenever we go to the grocery store she gets super excited bc the lady at the bakery gives her a cookie LOL. She starts saying "Mmmmmm" as we approach the parking lot lol. The "Mmmm" gets more enthusiastic as we get out of the car and go inside lol.

champagne_rose
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I agree..no biggie.

This post could go off topic and be cookie wars

brace yourself lol

Quoting cmarie214:

geez.... i give my daughter cookies, shes 3 now but at 17 months im sure she had cookies! its fine in moderation!

Quoting champagne_rose:

Who is to say we don't?

Btw, a cookie every now and then isn't harmful. I give my kid a cookie sometimes. He is fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I care about babies.

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MyBellaRosey:

indyb
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I shrug it off,  there are all kinds of reasons why the baby could be crying and it's really hard to hold a baby all the time!

tifbrown
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I meant me haha. Kidding. I didn't think of it that way. I never had times like that where it was my only opportunity to get out. Whenever my kids would cry or even now act out, I just head home. Look at that, CM offering a different point of view, who would have thought.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting tifbrown:

I think it's time to go home.

What if that is the only time they could squeeze in to shop?

Btw, I didn't have a huge crier but I sympathize with those who do.

Tiffany

Aphrodisiac
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Baby's cry and sometimes there is no comforting them. I mostly feel bad for the mom and know it must be stressful

donnadea
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I tried several times but apparently I'm not as coordinated as some because I could not push a cart while feeding him lol

Edited to correct spelling

Quoting kgau73:

Why didn't you just nurse him while you shopped? That would have solved all problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

my youngest was exclusively bfed and he was very clingy i could not put him down for more than 5 min without him getting upset and screaming like he was going to die. I could not push the cart, find the stuff off the shelves and hold him all at the same time so i would shop for 10-15 min with him screaming and then stop and pick him up for a bit. I would get the non perishables first. So i shopped in 10-15 min intervals cuz i couldnt stand to let him cry longer than that. And at the end i would quickly grab all the cold stuff and head too a register, get all the stuff up on the belt then pick him up until she got all the stuff rung up and needed the money and then i had to put him down again etc. Car rides really sucked cuz he would usually cry the whole way. I couldnt go anywhere far cuz i couldnt stand to let him cry that long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Under 1 or unable to verbalize and I think a new mom, unattached, busy, not attentive, just something but she should be consoling her child. Over 1 and able to verbalize, means they should be able to self soothe and I excuse the mom as needing to get her shopping done or the child has been corrected and is just trying to push her limits. If mom is holding steady unfazed because older child pushing limits then I'm proud the mom is not giving in and the child is learning that public fussing gains nothing. If it's a baby then I'm sad for the future that child has but I have to appreciate that at least that mom is with her child and while the future may not be what I think it should be, it's not the worst I hope. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)