Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When you see a mom pushing her baby along in a store while the baby cries and yet she doesn't pick up her child, what do you think? Does it bother you or do you shrug it off?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I think nothing other than the sound of a baby crying will forever annoy me.

I don't make judgements about why the mother isn't picking-up the baby.  Her baby could be colicky, in which case, NOTHING will soothe the child.

hismommy2010
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I've been there, so I know how it is... You have to get groceries, and other house hold needed items. And sometimes there is no way around having to take your child/baby with you.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

she has her reasons im sure. why should i worry about how she parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I get away from them. Lol I can't stand it so I avoid it as much as possible.
singlemom1208
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Me too

Quoting couponluv72:

I think she is likely too frazzled to want to pick the baby up, the baby won't die from crying. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyBellaRosey
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

My baby has not done this in a store yet, she is 17 months. When she was little I would wear her in my ergo if I knew it was going to be a while. If it was quick I would use the stroller or travel system and so far so good. Even as a toddler she is usually compliant, then again whenever we go to the grocery store she gets super excited bc the lady at the bakery gives her a cookie LOL. She starts saying "Mmmmmm" as we approach the parking lot lol. The "Mmmm" gets more enthusiastic as we get out of the car and go inside lol.

jeremy1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Been there done that ..I would just shrug it off . Moms are usually stressed enough without havong people give you the evil eye
gomomgomom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I don't care not my kid. My one year old usually points laughs and says baby lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
I want to borrow the baby. I would never offer because that would be weird, but I always think it. I love babies so it would be kind of selfish. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
I don't think anything of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)