Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What I saw in a moms siggy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

All I could think of was OMG. In another moms siggy I saw a pic of her 5 year old breastfeeding! I know it is what is best for you baby....but at 5  years old?? What do you think is a good age to stop breastfeeding?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Freedome of speech, I guess.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

And your point?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Whenever they want
owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think a 5 yr old should be breastfeeding but that is JMO.

Toxic.Stardust
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Eh, not something I would do, but to each their own. Breast feeding at that age is normal in other countries
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ84
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I nursed my daughter until she was 2 years and 2 months...had i not been pregnant with my son...who knows how long... it is HARD to wean once they're older! 

My grandma nursed through the age of 5. She would come home from school and nurse! LOL My Great granny lou said when she finally did try to wean her she caught my grandma nursing on their dog. LMAO ahhhh!!! i'd freak out! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM

imo i think it should be stopped before age 3. but im not gunna tell  another mom to stop breast feeding her kid if thats what she wants to do . ...however if your child has stopped and has NOT breast fed for a certain amount of time and then you have a baby and start  breast feeding them again i think it could end up making them regress a lil bit. im not saying that its agurantee that wil happen its just what i think.

T.A.R.D.I.S
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Nah nah, I made another reply after that. unfortunately both replies are on seperate pages. I was talking more like when they have a full mouth of teeth and can eat solid foods with adults without choking. THAT'S what i mean. Under 2 - normal 3-4 eh... 5, it would get awkward. It makes me think of that movie with adam sandler... grown ups, that's the name of it. Sorry didn't mean to step on toes.

Quoting Nyx112:

Quoting T.A.R.D.I.S:

When they get teeth and start biting. It hurt me like crazy even when mine DIDN'T have teeth. It was like i was being stabbed in the boob and the pain shot through to my back. I cried. I couldn't even imagine what it's like when they start getting chompers.

So I should stop feeding my 6month old baby? He has teeth and has bit me many times ... But I still nurse him.

Other than that I think about 2 would be pushing it on breast feeding.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on May. 4, 2012 at 8:48 PM

So you basically just need something to complain about?  Got it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Freedome of speech, I guess.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

And your point?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM
When a kid is old enough for school, they're too old to bf. and I'm a bfing mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Does she drop in to her kid's Kindegarten class for a breastfeeding break?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)