Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kind of Embarrassed to Say I am Jealous.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I am a proud mom to 3 handsome little boys, and honestly kind of embarrassed to say that today when my best friend called to tell me she was having a girl I got jealous. All my good friends are having girls, and most all of them have one of each a boy and a girl. Since I was little I always saw pink in my future and currently out numbered in a sea of blue. I was very happy for her, told her how excited I was and that we would go out and celebrate, all to hang up the phone and fall apart. I feel kind of pathetic.....is this normal?? I love my boys dearly would not trade them for girls any day, but a part of me still sooo desperatly wants a daughter that it actually almost hurts to watch everyone around me have girls! My DH says he doesnt understand why it upsets me so, and honestly I cant explain it either. Maybe you moms can fill in the blanks??

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PortiaRose
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Live vicariously through your friend. Lol that's the best I got.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:57 PM

sorry I can't. I wanted a girl desperately. I got two boys. I am sooo thankful i have them. They have been the greatest source of joy in my life.

Rosamaria101
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Cant really help but maybe it will make you feel a lil better. I Have 3 boys n all my husband can think of is When will he Have a daddy's little Girl? Lol We love Our boys but he wants a Girl so badly that it makes me feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I would feel the same way if I were you.  I know many people who say the same thing about wanting a girl after having just boys.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Im jealous of anyone who can have a baby period. I know how you feel mama :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I felt the same way til I conceived dd.

Idgaf who believes me or not but I read cumming/orgasming creats a ph in your vagina that kills female sperm. I purposely had sex around o time and didn't cum.

I found out months later it was a girl. It worked for me!
teal.blaze
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I don't think it's that weird. I still desperately want a little girl. And I've heard it from a lot of other people too. You can just be the unbiological "aunt" that spoils the crap out her! That's what I do to my neice!

sweetz684
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I understand. I don't really have any advice. I guess it just part of having kids...you don't get a choice. But be thankful for your healthy and I'm sure beautiful boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AquarianPath
I felt that way. I had three boys first. I finally got my girl. Maybe try one more time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coffeeluva
3 moms liked this

I understand and I think it's somewhat normal to yearn for a girl to do those special girly things with. You're just being honest with your feelings, nothing wrong with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN