Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Saying something about your kid* added picture*

Has anyone said anything about your kid that really didn't cross the line but seemed a bit rude to you?

This is for online btw.

This is a picture of my son. I know it's a little weird(the get-up) but it's still cute and that's my boy. He was hot and it was hard for him to eat so I was making the best of it for him. He was smiling and happy. He had to have cool air and a rag....errr wet sock on his neck lol.

Anyhow, I made a post. I don't remember what I posted. Anyhow someone said that they don't know but my avi creeps them out. Okay, I can see that it's "different' but really it seemed they went out of their way to comment on my son's picture. I did not cross the line. No, I am not mad about it at the moment but giving an example of when it happened to me.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
Whisper85
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Nope. I did post a pregnancy pic when I first joined 5 years ago and someone said it was nasty and not the site to put a pregnancy picture up at....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Quoting Whisper85:

Nope. I did post a pregnancy pic when I first joined 5 years ago and someone said it was nasty and not the site to put a pregnancy picture up at....

Someone made fun of my u/s pic that is all dolled up...

LOL...that is dumb. This is a MOM'S SITE. IDIOTS:)

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on May. 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Ha Ha I think it is cute pic....He appears to be having fun...

champagne_rose
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Quoting wrensong:

Ha Ha I think it is cute pic....He appears to be having fun...

Thank you!

He was and it was not easy during eating time. He needed to be cooled off. I got him to laugh too:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
It's ok.
They don't know my ds and how wonderful he is, he's perfect in Gods eyes and has the kindest heart I've ever seen.
I know he is much better than they ever will be.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not about the way they look but I had someone tell me I should just lock my ds up in a mental institution bc the world might be better off if kids like him were not around the general public.

That is just as bad...if not worse. I am sorry:(

Ctink8189
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Ive never had an issue online.. but there was an incident once that kind of hurt me a little. I had my twin boys with me at my daughter's ballet class and one of the moms there that I had gotten somewhat close to had wanted to hold them. She picked up my bigger twin and was playing with him and then handed him back, and then grabbed my small (failure to thrive) twin and got this disgusted look on her face and says, "Ew, omg he doesn't even feel like a baby!! Take him back I can't handle this tinyness" I thought that was so fucking rude and hurtful and even though they were only like 3 months old, my heart hurt for my poor little man.

Whisper85
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Yeah I just joined lol, but it didn't scare me off.

I don't get how someone can be so cruel. Btw I like your sons picture he looks like he's a fun one :)

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Whisper85:

Someone made fun of my u/s pic that is all dolled up...

LOL...that is dumb. This is a MOM'S SITE. IDIOTS:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM
They said my son looked like Sméagol, off The Lord of the Rings
BamaMomto4
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

IMO they do it to get a rise out of( tick off ) the parents when nothing else will. I would just consider the source and shrug it off if it happened on a message board.There's no sense in letting the aggressor win by having a hissy fit  or going all mama bear on them.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Nannosmommy:

Yes!!!! And was beyond offensive!! So offensive pretty sure she got banned!!

I am sorry:(

I don't see why adults pick on kids...

Lisa

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Some Assnon made a comment about my youngest but it didn't last long because I put the pathetic bitch in her place.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)