Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I deserve PA?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
We are a family of three. Me, DH, and a 7 month old baby girl that I breastfeed and give homemade solids to.

My husband works 40 hours at a bank and I am a SAHM and college student. I don't work at all.

Do we deserve PA?

Also, my house is a disaster because I'd rather spend time with my baby than be cleaning all day. When she naps I usually am doing homework or cleaning a little here and there.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom1208
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Doesn't sound like you need it. Maybe grants and loans for college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM
3 moms liked this

we'll no one deserves PA, that is an entitlement statement. You will be approved and can qualify for it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Obviously you knew what I meant :P

Quoting Anonymous:

we'll no one deserves PA, that is an entitlement statement. You will be approved and can qualify for it. 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see what pa has to do with it, if you qualify you qualify.
I do think that saying home, you need to get in a routine to get the house organized. Your daughter deserves to live in a clean environment.
You cleaning is not taking away from her at all. Kids need to learn to self entertain, not have momma I daddy 24/7.
Teach her to clean. At that age DD was holding her self up on the table, so I have her a rag an let her "clean" the coffee table!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spicy_n_sweet
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM

If you qualify you qualify.  No one deserves it. It's not given out because it is deserved, it is given out as a means to help those who are in need. If you are need and qualify, good. If you aren't in need and are just taking it because you qualify that's taking advantage of a system in order to  help maintain a lifestyle. Which is not what PA was created for or intended to be used for.

gum.drop
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Quoting MIA0223:

I do think that saying home, you need to get in a routine to get the house organized. Your daughter deserves to live in a clean environment.
You cleaning is not taking away from her at all. Kids need to learn to self entertain, not have momma I daddy 24/7.
Teach her to clean. At that age DD was holding her self up on the table, so I have her a rag an let her "clean" the coffee table!

Ha! Seriously ? "teach her how to clean." haaaaaaaaa, right. Ok. At seven months?
kellieknits
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree. Playing is great, but letting your house go to hell isn't going to be beneficial to anyone.

Quoting MIA0223:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Why not?
Teaches her thy cleanliness is important at a young age and keeps her occupied while you get some things done.
You are a parent. You need to think about how every little thing can be a learning experience.
Even at this age they can be involved in what you need to do.

Quoting katemma:

Quoting MIA0223:

Ha! Seriously ? "teach her how to clean." haaaaaaaaa, right. Ok. At seven months?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Quoting MIA0223:

Hey, to each his own, I guess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)