Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I deserve PA?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are a family of three. Me, DH, and a 7 month old baby girl that I breastfeed and give homemade solids to.

My husband works 40 hours at a bank and I am a SAHM and college student. I don't work at all.

Do we deserve PA?

Also, my house is a disaster because I'd rather spend time with my baby than be cleaning all day. When she naps I usually am doing homework or cleaning a little here and there.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Whoooo meeeeeee???

Quoting ac10:

Oh hey! A troll!

MommieSDW
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
You may qualify but it doesn't sound like you *need* it by what you posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM
My house was spotless except for a day of dishes and my exes mass of laundry before my 1st was completely mobile. Went to hell after that.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not that bad. I need to do the dishes though!

Quoting cLanief:

how much of a mess could your house be when you only have a 7mo old?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM
No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Here's my schedule. Wake at 5:45ish. Pump, and do homework until about 6:45. Then I get ready for school. Then I wake up my daughter and get ready for the day. Hubby and I leave at about 8am and the babysitter comes to the house. I get home at about 12:30. I nurse my daughter and out her to sleep. This takes about an hour. Once she's asleep I usually start a load of laundry, make lunch for myself and do homework. Sometimes I vacuum or do the dishes during her nap. Depends on what needs to be done. Once she wakes up, we play play play. I don't care if this makes me lazy that I prefer to play with my baby than set her down and clean. It's just not what I do. Then she goes to bed at about 8. I clean a little but more but 8 times out of 10 I usually sit in front of the tv and watch tv while folding laundry. We do cloth diapers so we always have a ton of laundry. Go to bed at 10.

Quoting Mazie0723:

I play with my kids but my house is also clean. I have 2 toddlers home with me all day and still manage to get my house cleaned and do some school work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Ok here is my usual day.

Get up at 6 am get my 5 kids up get the my 7 and 6 yr old their clothes and things ready for school get my 4 and 3 yr olds dressed and ready for the day. Get my self dressed feed the kids breakfast. Drop my oldest of at 7:45 and then sit and wait till 8:50 drop the other two off at their school come home play and relax till 11 then eat lunch and put the kids down for nap at 12 they slep until 2 I clean the house during that time. Leave at 2:50 to go get my oldest then sit at the elementary school till 3:35 get the other two. Get home at about 4 pm then I do school work while they do their home work. We eat dinner around 5 get the dinner mess cleaned up then we go to the park for about an hour then go on our nightly 1 mile walk come home get the kids bathed and then play till bed time at 8pm. And I have laundry for 7 people so I know how time consuming laundry can be. I doubt your 7 month old would mind playing in a walker or her crib for a little while so you can clean the house. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Here's my schedule. Wake at 5:45ish. Pump, and do homework until about 6:45. Then I get ready for school. Then I wake up my daughter and get ready for the day. Hubby and I leave at about 8am and the babysitter comes to the house. I get home at about 12:30. I nurse my daughter and out her to sleep. This takes about an hour. Once she's asleep I usually start a load of laundry, make lunch for myself and do homework. Sometimes I vacuum or do the dishes during her nap. Depends on what needs to be done. Once she wakes up, we play play play. I don't care if this makes me lazy that I prefer to play with my baby than set her down and clean. It's just not what I do. Then she goes to bed at about 8. I clean a little but more but 8 times out of 10 I usually sit in front of the tv and watch tv while folding laundry. We do cloth diapers so we always have a ton of laundry. Go to bed at 10.

Quoting Mazie0723:

I play with my kids but my house is also clean. I have 2 toddlers home with me all day and still manage to get my house cleaned and do some school work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I spend time with my kids and my house is clean. You have a seven month old. There is no reason your house should be a disaster. As far as PA, I really don't care.
xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Why would you need it?? Are you guys struggling paycheck to paycheck? Having a hard time keeping food in your mouths? Are you malnutritioned? If not, you already know the answer. 

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I did that with two kids and still had a clean house and didnt need welfare.

noneya79
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Depends, how much does your dh make?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)