Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I deserve PA?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are a family of three. Me, DH, and a 7 month old baby girl that I breastfeed and give homemade solids to.

My husband works 40 hours at a bank and I am a SAHM and college student. I don't work at all.

Do we deserve PA?

Also, my house is a disaster because I'd rather spend time with my baby than be cleaning all day. When she naps I usually am doing homework or cleaning a little here and there.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
Josie.Grossie
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM
If you have continued to also look for jobs suitable for your schedule and your dh as well my answer is pa is warranted as a need for your situation.
If not then no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Yeah, she is just learning how to sit. She can't hold on to tables or anything. If I give her a rag, she'll just chew on it.

What I meant was there are toys all over and dishes not done but the floor and table are clean. Anything she has access to is clean but everything else I don't really worry about.

Quoting katemma:

Quoting MIA0223:

I don't see what pa has to do with it, if you qualify you qualify.

I do think that saying home, you need to get in a routine to get the house organized. Your daughter deserves to live in a clean environment.

You cleaning is not taking away from her at all. Kids need to learn to self entertain, not have momma I daddy 24/7.

Teach her to clean. At that age DD was holding her self up on the table, so I have her a rag an let her "clean" the coffee table!

Ha! Seriously ? "teach her how to clean." haaaaaaaaa, right. Ok. At seven months?
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
No

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I've considered getting a weekend job but I just don't think I can handle it with trying to keep up with school work and my baby. I have applied to a few places but no call backs.

Quoting Josie.Grossie:

If you have continued to also look for jobs suitable for your schedule and your dh as well my answer is pa is warranted as a need for your situation.

If not then no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM

DixieL
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I think since your husband works forty hours a week at a bank you won't qualify for assisstance. If your husband isn't making quite enough money and you want to stay at home, maybe you can watch one child for some extra money. You can try for assisstance but I'm pretty sure you will get turned down. Good Luck

Elayna90
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM
I don't think anyone deserves PA except maybe senior citizens. But if you need it and you qualify for it, than you do. It can help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
And the truly disabled IMO.

Quoting Elayna90:

I don't think anyone deserves PA except maybe senior citizens. But if you need it and you qualify for it, than you do. It can help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Sorry but I want to be with my baby 24/7 and I'd much rather have a messy house and a happy baby than a sparking clean house and a lonely baby.
Quoting MIA0223:

I don't see what pa has to do with it, if you qualify you qualify.

I do think that saying home, you need to get in a routine to get the house organized. Your daughter deserves to live in a clean environment.

You cleaning is not taking away from her at all. Kids need to learn to self entertain, not have momma I daddy 24/7.

Teach her to clean. At that age DD was holding her self up on the table, so I have her a rag an let her "clean" the coffee table!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I don't know if you can get PA if you're a full-time student, to be honest. I was making next-to-nothing as a student, and was denied a reduced rate apartment (a complex I applied to set aside 20% of the units for "low income"; I had NO income, and I didn't qualify). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured