Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I deserve PA?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are a family of three. Me, DH, and a 7 month old baby girl that I breastfeed and give homemade solids to.

My husband works 40 hours at a bank and I am a SAHM and college student. I don't work at all.

Do we deserve PA?

Also, my house is a disaster because I'd rather spend time with my baby than be cleaning all day. When she naps I usually am doing homework or cleaning a little here and there.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Deserve is the wrong word.

PA isn't for people who deserve it or not, it's there for people who need it.

MileysMommy211
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Who are we to say if u deserve it if u need it u need it that's ur business just saying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I already have it! We get about $300 in food stamps and I pay $18 per month for medical ins. for myself.

Quoting DixieL:

I think since your husband works forty hours a week at a bank you won't qualify for assisstance. If your husband isn't making quite enough money and you want to stay at home, maybe you can watch one child for some extra money. You can try for assisstance but I'm pretty sure you will get turned down. Good Luck

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jperry86
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I assume you get WIC. No you don't deserve PA. No one does. And if you can't afford your babies, you shouldnt spread them to start with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
You mention nothing in this post that implies you NEED assistance.
Is your family fed? Clothed? Do you have adequate housing? If so, you don't NEED assistance and therefore don't DESERVE it.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Your baby will not be happy growing up in a messy house, trust me.
It doesn't have to be one or the other.
You can have a very happy baby and a clean home.
Dishes left in the sink and crap everywhere is not a happy environment for a growing baby.
My mom thought like you. None of her kids are happy she did!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but I want to be with my baby 24/7 and I'd much rather have a messy house and a happy baby than a sparking clean house and a lonely baby.
Quoting MIA0223:

I don't see what pa has to do with it, if you qualify you qualify.

I do think that saying home, you need to get in a routine to get the house organized. Your daughter deserves to live in a clean environment.

You cleaning is not taking away from her at all. Kids need to learn to self entertain, not have momma I daddy 24/7.

Teach her to clean. At that age DD was holding her self up on the table, so I have her a rag an let her "clean" the coffee table!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea05
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Monamou
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Leave a 7 month old standing at a coffee table alone...maybe in a high chair w a wash cloth. That sounds a little dangerous.

Quoting MIA0223:

I don't see what pa has to do with it, if you qualify you qualify.

I do think that saying home, you need to get in a routine to get the house organized. Your daughter deserves to live in a clean environment.

You cleaning is not taking away from her at all. Kids need to learn to self entertain, not have momma I daddy 24/7.

Teach her to clean. At that age DD was holding her self up on the table, so I have her a rag an let her "clean" the coffee table!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM
No WIC. Food stamps and medical.

Quoting Jperry86:

I assume you get WIC. No you don't deserve PA. No one does. And if you can't afford your babies, you shouldnt spread them to start with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)