Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I deserve PA?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are a family of three. Me, DH, and a 7 month old baby girl that I breastfeed and give homemade solids to.

My husband works 40 hours at a bank and I am a SAHM and college student. I don't work at all.

Do we deserve PA?

Also, my house is a disaster because I'd rather spend time with my baby than be cleaning all day. When she naps I usually am doing homework or cleaning a little here and there.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Get the book "the one armed chef" it's a cook book for new moms.
And do home work after baby goes to bed.
And honestly if your husband only works 40 hours a week, and has at least Sunday off (since banks are closed that day) there is no reason you can't have him play with the baby or clean up.
Get in a routine.
My husband works more than double what yours does and still manages to make it so I have at least an hour of me time while he and DD play. Since she was born that's how it's been.

Quoting Anonymous:

Homework and cooking take a lot of time.

Quoting FL2AK:

It really doesn't take much to clean house. I am sure your baby sleeps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM

No.
*now goes back to read the post*
Yeah, what I said before. I don't think anyone ''deserves'' pa but I'm glad there is something in place for those who can't make it on their own.

august_baby_09
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM

agreed

Quoting Josie.Grossie:

If you have continued to also look for jobs suitable for your schedule and your dh as well my answer is pa is warranted as a need for your situation.
If not then no.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I agree. And when they fall they fall in their butts, their padded butts. Babies fall. That never bothered me, it's to be expected!
A house doesn't have to be perfect but dishes sitting in the sink and all that is just nasty and draws bugs! THAT is dangerous for a baby!

Quoting Monamou:

I believe in having them help clean. But they fall a lot at 7 months if they stand at all. Your house should be clean but if it isnt perfect thats ok.

Quoting MIA0223:

Lol. Not dangerous at all.

They can "wipe off" te table while you pick up the toys, straighten up the couch or vacuum in the living room.

Quoting Monamou:

Leave a 7 month old standing at a coffee table alone...maybe in a high chair w a wash cloth. That sounds a little dangerous.

Quoting MIA0223:

I don't see what pa has to do with it, if you qualify you qualify.

I do think that saying home, you need to get in a routine to get the house organized. Your daughter deserves to live in a clean environment.

You cleaning is not taking away from her at all. Kids need to learn to self entertain, not have momma I daddy 24/7.

Teach her to clean. At that age DD was holding her self up on the table, so I have her a rag an let her "clean" the coffee table!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

No one DESERVES pa. 

phoebe81
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

No one "deserves" PA. It's there for those who need it. If you need it, apply for it. There's nothing wrong with that.

Monamou
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I dont know what homework u have. Some programs are intense. DH only works 40 hrs weekly he can help clean. If u are responsible for baby, school and cleaning DH can get a second job. Or if pa makes is the best decision for your family dont worry what others think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole0788
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

forget the PA, did you really say that homework and cooking take a lot of time? are you making five star, six course meals? i'm a full time psych major with shit loads of homework and still find time to clean my house. like others said, dh can help. OR, you can stop playing peek-a-boo for 30 min and clean your house. not trying to sound like a biatch, but it just sounds like you're lazy to me.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I"m divorced and work full time and my house is always clean. Excuses, excuses, excuses....

Josie.Grossie
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM
You never know unless you try.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've considered getting a weekend job but I just don't think I can handle it with trying to keep up with school work and my baby. I have applied to a few places but no call backs.

Quoting Josie.Grossie:

If you have continued to also look for jobs suitable for your schedule and your dh as well my answer is pa is warranted as a need for your situation.

If not then no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN