Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I deserve PA?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are a family of three. Me, DH, and a 7 month old baby girl that I breastfeed and give homemade solids to.

My husband works 40 hours at a bank and I am a SAHM and college student. I don't work at all.

Do we deserve PA?

Also, my house is a disaster because I'd rather spend time with my baby than be cleaning all day. When she naps I usually am doing homework or cleaning a little here and there.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Get the book "the one armed chef" it's a cook book for new moms.
And do home work after baby goes to bed.
And honestly if your husband only works 40 hours a week, and has at least Sunday off (since banks are closed that day) there is no reason you can't have him play with the baby or clean up.
Get in a routine.
My husband works more than double what yours does and still manages to make it so I have at least an hour of me time while he and DD play. Since she was born that's how it's been.

Quoting Anonymous:

Homework and cooking take a lot of time.

Quoting FL2AK:

It really doesn't take much to clean house. I am sure your baby sleeps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM

No.
*now goes back to read the post*
Yeah, what I said before. I don't think anyone ''deserves'' pa but I'm glad there is something in place for those who can't make it on their own.

august_baby_09
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM

agreed

Quoting Josie.Grossie:

If you have continued to also look for jobs suitable for your schedule and your dh as well my answer is pa is warranted as a need for your situation.
If not then no.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I agree. And when they fall they fall in their butts, their padded butts. Babies fall. That never bothered me, it's to be expected!
A house doesn't have to be perfect but dishes sitting in the sink and all that is just nasty and draws bugs! THAT is dangerous for a baby!

Quoting Monamou:

I believe in having them help clean. But they fall a lot at 7 months if they stand at all. Your house should be clean but if it isnt perfect thats ok.

Quoting MIA0223:

Lol. Not dangerous at all.

They can "wipe off" te table while you pick up the toys, straighten up the couch or vacuum in the living room.

Quoting Monamou:

Leave a 7 month old standing at a coffee table alone...maybe in a high chair w a wash cloth. That sounds a little dangerous.

Quoting MIA0223:

I don't see what pa has to do with it, if you qualify you qualify.

I do think that saying home, you need to get in a routine to get the house organized. Your daughter deserves to live in a clean environment.

You cleaning is not taking away from her at all. Kids need to learn to self entertain, not have momma I daddy 24/7.

Teach her to clean. At that age DD was holding her self up on the table, so I have her a rag an let her "clean" the coffee table!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

No one DESERVES pa. 

phoebe81
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

No one "deserves" PA. It's there for those who need it. If you need it, apply for it. There's nothing wrong with that.

Monamou
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I dont know what homework u have. Some programs are intense. DH only works 40 hrs weekly he can help clean. If u are responsible for baby, school and cleaning DH can get a second job. Or if pa makes is the best decision for your family dont worry what others think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole0788
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

forget the PA, did you really say that homework and cooking take a lot of time? are you making five star, six course meals? i'm a full time psych major with shit loads of homework and still find time to clean my house. like others said, dh can help. OR, you can stop playing peek-a-boo for 30 min and clean your house. not trying to sound like a biatch, but it just sounds like you're lazy to me.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I"m divorced and work full time and my house is always clean. Excuses, excuses, excuses....

Josie.Grossie
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM
You never know unless you try.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've considered getting a weekend job but I just don't think I can handle it with trying to keep up with school work and my baby. I have applied to a few places but no call backs.

Quoting Josie.Grossie:

If you have continued to also look for jobs suitable for your schedule and your dh as well my answer is pa is warranted as a need for your situation.

If not then no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured