Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you keep your house clean?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

I spent all day cleaning my house. I scrubbed, mopped, wiped, dusted. I make dinner. I clean as I go. My kitchen  is trashed again. :( I feel blah now to see all my work undone.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
My house is never dirty. I have OCD and it's always spotless. Well dirty wise. Callie usually has her collection of toys on the living room floor and I pick them up when she looses interest. I clean every day. Sweep, mop, vacuum, dishes, wipe down the bathrooms.... Everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Its only totally clean after girls go to bed but a big mess again an hour after they wake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I clean daily but know with young kids spotless is not always possible.
FranciRed
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I made a schedule & stick to it as much as possible. It's been a crazy week, so it's kinda messy around here :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I keep up with things. Involve DD.
Have a set schedule of when I do "big" cleanings of what room each day and a list of daily things and the most convenient time to do them (for example, living room gets swept after DD goes to bed, kitchen after lunch and dinner)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I make piles of everyones stuff that gets left around and they have to put their pile away before we move on to the next thing.  I have a basket for each child and one for DH and I.  I set things that are out of plac e in the basket of the person that used it or owns it.  Before dinner, bed, school, whatever- each person has to sort through their basket and put it away. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I jsut feel blah after seeing the ktichen that I scrubbed clean. Not just a wipe down, but a scrub. I even used a tooth brush to clean hard to get areas. I worked very hard and it's all messy agian. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
How is it getting messy so fast?
Teach your kids to clean up after themselves, or teach your self to clean as you go.

Quoting Anonymous:

I jsut feel blah after seeing the ktichen that I scrubbed clean. Not just a wipe down, but a scrub. I even used a tooth brush to clean hard to get areas. I worked very hard and it's all messy agian. :(

mommykate4
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

i hire a cleaning company called the maids...there amazing! they come one time every 2 months and its easier for me to keep up once they come...they came to day and its just like AGHHH so nice again!!

MRS.SONMYCHEST
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I like the basket idea. I have 3 kids so it can get a little messy with toys, etc.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I make piles of everyones stuff that gets left around and they have to put their pile away before we move on to the next thing.  I have a basket for each child and one for DH and I.  I set things that are out of plac e in the basket of the person that used it or owns it.  Before dinner, bed, school, whatever- each person has to sort through their basket and put it away. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)