Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you keep your house clean?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I spent all day cleaning my house. I scrubbed, mopped, wiped, dusted. I make dinner. I clean as I go. My kitchen  is trashed again. :( I feel blah now to see all my work undone.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
yup

Paperfishies
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I do a little every day and make sure everyone cleans up after themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM
I clean it and make sure the kids also clean up their mess. We show them to put everything where it belongs. I don't expect my house to be spotless. I clean up daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM
I clean daily

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Lmfao. She can't clean up after my own dinner mess. It's just the pots and pans. The stove got all messy fromt he grease. I spilled the flour on the floor. I did clean as I go. It was just the aftermath of the pots and pans that were used, the stove. The flour. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

How is it getting messy so fast?
Teach your kids to clean up after themselves, or teach your self to clean as you go.

Quoting Anonymous:

I jsut feel blah after seeing the ktichen that I scrubbed clean. Not just a wipe down, but a scrub. I even used a tooth brush to clean hard to get areas. I worked very hard and it's all messy agian. :(

mitchiesgirl
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I always feel that being organized is the first step. Tossing out things that arn't needed or aren't a necessity. Whatever issues can be addressed individually then... If it's mail everywhere-find a mail system that works for you... Maybe it's clutter or things not having (or going into) designated areas.... Once you combat the issue and get organized it becomes much easier. My morning routine: 1. Make the bed 2. Sweep 3. Dust 4. Empty dishwasher 5.Breakfast/feed the pets 6. Playtime (alot of playtime in between the chores :) 7. Vacuum 8. Clean/ straighten up the bathrooms (I do a good scrubbing once a week so the rest of the week is easy) 9.Straighten up LOs room before nap 10. Lunch 11. LO nap 12. I work alot from home so this is the time for that 13. Oldest cones home from school 14. Go over homework 15. Start dinner 16. LO up (I do no more chores for the rest of the evening until they go to bed) 17. Dishes go in the dishwasher 18. I do a good cleaning of the kitchen (so I don't have to do it during the next day). Laundry is done when it's needed (hubs or the most part puts it away bc I hate folding clothes), my oldest cleans his own room, and my hubs takes care of the yards. Once a week I do a good cleaning of everything (Tuesday's bc it's also trash day) and the rest of the week is pretty easy. I also use a home management binder to keep me organized and I meal plan for 2 weeks at a time so I don't have to waste time wondering what I am going to make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Thats what dh is for. Hes the cleaner. I pick up, but keep my kitchen spotless. And the kids take turns with cleaning other rooms besides theur bedrooms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I taught my children how to respect our home and how to clean. We all do chores and clean everyday. They have no issue with helping me and often do extra stuff just so I can relax.

Thankfully they take pride in our home and even understand that if company comes over the house needs to be clean and welcoming. They will make sure everything is clean before inviting friends over. I am the same way.
Jennifer_57
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Thats just it, I clean constantly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gum.drop
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
I don't...... It stays picked up

Its never all clean at once!

I have a 3 yr old and an 18m old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)