Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you keep your house clean?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I spent all day cleaning my house. I scrubbed, mopped, wiped, dusted. I make dinner. I clean as I go. My kitchen  is trashed again. :( I feel blah now to see all my work undone.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
GagaNTattooS
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Ae jave themin our area and I am thinking of calling them...

Quoting mommykate4:

i hire a cleaning company called the maids...there amazing! they come one time every 2 months and its easier for me to keep up once they come...they came to day and its just like AGHHH so nice again!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reyna09
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

i  clean when my son naps and when he goes to bed. scrubbing and deep cleaning( bleaching bathrooms, mopping,etc) when hes in bed for the night, lighter cleaning when he naps(dishes,sweeping,etc)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I should have worded it differently. Keeping the house clean isn't ahrd for me. It was just all that work went into deep cleaning my kitchen and when dinner was finished it was a disaster.

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Ae jave themin our area and I am thinking of calling them...

Quoting mommykate4:

i hire a cleaning company called the maids...there amazing! they come one time every 2 months and its easier for me to keep up once they come...they came to day and its just like AGHHH so nice again!!

SouthernBellee
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I'm like you..I clean everyday! My living room and the boys room is usually messy but I try to keep the rest of my house spotless. I'm a little OCD

coffeeluva
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I do basic cleaning doing the week but my two toddlers are always making messes. I do more deep cleaning when my kids are with grandma on the weekends, because it's just easier that way. I can't even mop without my kids running all over the floor. Sometimes it really gets to me because I can be a perfectionist at times, but I've learned to let go of the small stuff and enjoy being present with my kids.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

By having those who live here clean up after themselves. It makes the REAL cleaning a lot easier. Clean as you go.

mamaistheword87
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I clean once a week.  Who has the time to clean everyday?

Mweddle
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I do regular cleaning and then I do the flylady daily thing.

crispysmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM
My house is spotless every night. About an hour after the boys are up, its a mess again. They are 3 and 15 months. It's hard to keep everything clean all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM

2 kids, a hubby and a dog.....LOL

Seriously, sometimes it does look a mess, but in general, I label everything, have boxes or baskets for everything.  Put in extra shelving in the closets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN