Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is effing insane to me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I have seen a handful of posts this week complaining of their 5, 6, 7 even twelve year olds pissing and shitting themselves, and not just when they are sleeping at night. One said their kid was just too lazy to get up at night, so she put diapers on him.... Really!?!? Does this seem crazy to anyone else?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

People might think it's just the child being lazy but really they are not, no one would choose to defecate themselves if they had any control. I know my daughter is 13 now, we nearly have it under control but there was a time when she was also suffering encopresis, or the involuntary release of fecal matter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Yes. Super weird to me....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Bump
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Yeah.
My 4 year old actually peed the bed the other night, after having what I thought was a col all week!
If she wets herself it's a UTI. Sure enough it was!
I couldn't imagine her not being potty trained at this age, or even age 3!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chuckydoodle
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Well, it isn't really uncommon. Something like 15-20% of five year olds still have night time accidents. That percentage goes down as they get older, but it still happens. Can't fault someone when it's a medical issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM
But day time accidents?

Quoting Chuckydoodle:

Well, it isn't really uncommon. Something like 15-20% of five year olds still have night time accidents. That percentage goes down as they get older, but it still happens. Can't fault someone when it's a medical issue.

Chuckydoodle
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Yes, there are times that it happens to children, the poster up above the other anon mentioned Encompresis (SP), That can cause daytime evacution of bowels as well as urine. It's involuntary for some children, especially if they are under any stressors in their lives. The number one question ususally is are they being abused. It's got nothing to do with being lazy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

But day time accidents?

Quoting Chuckydoodle:

tifbrown
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Yup I find that nuts. I was at a friends house one time and saw her 4 year old son shit himself while playing Xbox, because he didnt' want to stop playing. I was in shock, I didn't know what to say. Maybe it's because I have girls, but I can't even fathom them pooping in their panties because they are too lazy to go to the bathroom. Not in my house.

I just saw the above post about that disorder (I can't spell it either), and this was not that. I watched him verbally refuse to go to the bathroom because he didn't want to stop playing. It was total laziness.

Tiffany

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN