Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a Hysterectomy soon ... what to expect ??

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

I went to the Dr today and we have decided that its best for me to have a total Hysterectomy. I have Endometriosis very badly, i have tried Lupron several times, BC pills, had 2 kids, and nothing helps it. Its just getting worse and its now starting to effect me even working out. I cant even walk a lot with out being in pain. Not to mention sex is no longer much fun because it hurts. So here in a few weeks, i get the call Monday to schedule my surgery, ill get it done. Anyone who has ever had one, what can i expect ?? He is going to try and do it LAP, which i have had 2 other LAP surgery's before. If he needs to then he will have to cut into me to get out all the scar tissue. Supposed to be a 1 night stay in the hospital for a LAP or 2 to 3 nights stay with a incision. How long did it take to recover ?? Pain wise how bad is it ?? Any advice ?? Oh i will be having my ovaries out at the same time. I get chocolate cysts on them a lot so no reason to keep them in and keep having trouble with that. 

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM

BUMP!

..guesswho..
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeny4121979
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Got the Lap done . It was ok But it depends on how you handle pain recovery time tales a while Hystersisters.com they send you a Dvd it explained a lot and the ladies are wonderful good luck had mine done last July due to cervical cancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Thanks for the info, ill look it up.

Quoting Teeny4121979:

Got the Lap done . It was ok But it depends on how you handle pain recovery time tales a while Hystersisters.com they send you a Dvd it explained a lot and the ladies are wonderful good luck had mine done last July due to cervical cancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeny4121979
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Your very welcome !

brlee1115
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was done laparospic. I only had 2 one inch incisions and she used a super glue bandage. I had pain for about 3 days and very lt. bleeding for a day.
She did leave my ovaries so hopefully that'll last for a long time.
It's been the best decision for my body and have no regrets. When I went for my 6 week check up, I donated my pads and had the best pelvic exam ever! My sex life is wonderful and have no more pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:20 AM
Ahhh sounds good. For me leaving my ovaries isn't a good option. I know for some women it is. I have had 2 lap surgeries before and I HATE the damn super glue hehe. Had a insion come open cause the glue came out. Thanks for the info though. Glad your feeling better.

Quoting brlee1115:

Mine was done laparospic. I only had 2 one inch incisions and she used a super glue bandage. I had pain for about 3 days and very lt. bleeding for a day.

It's been the best decision for my body and have no regrets. When I went for my 6 week check up, I donated my pads and had the best pelvic exam ever! My sex life is wonderful and have no more pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beans13
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Sorry to hear. I hope it all goes well. I just wanted to say I understand how you feel. Just had my 2nd lap to drain a 10 centimeter choc cyst and re-evaluate my endo for "next steps". I meet with my dr on the 17th to discuss.

I hope it all goes well for you and soon you are finally pain free.

Rebecca
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Ouch. I had golf ball sized cysts on both ovaries once. Sucks. Hope they figure out something for you soon.

Quoting beans13:

Sorry to hear. I hope it all goes well. I just wanted to say I understand how you feel. Just had my 2nd lap to drain a 10 centimeter choc cyst and re-evaluate my endo for "next steps". I meet with my dr on the 17th to discuss.

I hope it all goes well for you and soon you are finally pain free.

Rebecca
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brlee1115
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
I really hope all goes well with you!!

Quoting Aamy:

Ahhh sounds good. For me leaving my ovaries isn't a good option. I know for some women it is. I have had 2 lap surgeries before and I HATE the damn super glue hehe. Had a insion come open cause the glue came out. Thanks for the info though. Glad your feeling better.

Quoting brlee1115:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured