Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Every year my kids school PTSA does teacher appreciation week.  Well, this year we decided, hey why don't we clean their lunch room.

Wrong answer.  We did it yesterday and today.  It was so disgusting I felt like my finger prints were disapearing touching all that nastyness.

To make matters worse, when we went in today to clean the refrigerators.  The principal has been telling them for two weeks to take anything they wanted to keep home today or it would get thrown out.

So, no one took their stuff home.  The principal realizes this and I told him I didn't feel comfortable throwing out so much food.  Had to be pushing $600 worth of food in two different refrigerators.  Anyhow, we decided to use experation dates as a guideline for throwing away stuff.

Yeah, top five disgusting things I found.

5.  2007 hummus, tied with shriveled veggies

4. 13 month old cream cheese

3. a baggie full of dead crickets (I swear I'm not lying)

2. small cartons of milk (about 5 of them) dated 2007

1. A gallon of milk that has been spoiling since Mar 2012

Oh man alive.  I love to death all the teachers in our school, but come on people.  Get that nastyness out of the frig.  Oh, and I had to chuckle when I saw dust in the freezer.

I'm so not doing this next year.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Replies (31-39):
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM

The kids lunchrooms do.  Apparently, not the staff lunchrooms.

Quoting hautemama83:

That's disgusting. Don't school lunchrooms get checked by the health department regularly?

kelliehelvie
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:31 AM
How hard is it to throw something out when u use the same frige??? That shit is nasty yall
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM

BARF!

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 AM

What kills me is, while we were there, all these teachers were coming in (it was after school) and saying oh thank you so much, blah, blah, blah.  I think they meant it, but I don't think for one minute any of them thought it was their issue either.  How do you respond to a thank you when in the back of your head your thinking "are you the one who left dead crickets in the fridge".

Quoting kelliehelvie:

How hard is it to throw something out when u use the same frige??? That shit is nasty yall

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:14 AM
That's so nasty. :-x

Quoting GotSomeKids:

The kids lunchrooms do.  Apparently, not the staff lunchrooms.

Quoting hautemama83:

That's disgusting. Don't school lunchrooms get checked by the health department regularly?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:16 AM

ugh so nasty!!!

Ireallydontcare
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:17 AM

ewwww

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Yuck!

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

That's exactly what I was wondering. 

I can't believe I actually had a dream about those nasty crickets last night.

Quoting kelliehelvie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN