Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you rough house your kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My parents always thought it was annoying and disrespectful so that's how I was raised. I never rough house, like smacking them but sometimes I tickle them but not often. My neighbor does it constaltly with her 5 year old son and she smacks him throws him down on the trampoline almost breaking his neck. She gets the boy very loud. When the boy gets angry at her he will hit or kick his mom and I wander if this is why because she play fights him so much. Last week my son went to her house and he came home with a red face and she had been rough housing him. My son enjoyed it and asked my why I didn't play hit him like that. I have 3 kids that are all young and fight enough, there is rarely a peaceful moment in my house and I don't want to add to that by teaching them to hit. I am a single mom also so it is harder to disipline and I want my children to behave.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nannosmommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Hmmm I throw him down and tickle him... I also say I'm going to bite his cheeks off and grab at his face... He loves it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM
We tickle and such but the word no us golden. If you say it or stop everyone respects it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spicy_n_sweet
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM

No.  He's over 6 foot tall and weighs around 180.  LOL

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I am too clumsy to rough house. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liz.1986
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Yeah, we do often. My boys love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlyBren
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always roughhoused with DD.

Contrary to making her violent, I think it's taught her a great deal of restraint, as well as ability to let go completely and be silly.

It's actually been found to be very beneficial to kids and to the parent/child relationship.

http://artofmanliness.com/2012/02/07/the-importance-of-roughhousing-with-your-kids/

candipandi
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Ya! We do for sure.. My kids love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
popo_rambo
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I do but not to the point where they become angry by it. I don't smack them. We pretend punch, tickle and wrestle but it's always in good fun and always ends in laughs. They've never kicked or hit me out of frustration for being too rough with them.  I'm more of a tomboy though and I have two little boys. My kids are definitely not wild. They know there's a time and a place to cut loose and just have fun and when it's time to act appropriately. KWIM?

Magilla_Gorilla
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM

WE play fight, but we know when to stop. We both grew up that way and they kids love it. We don't hit, but we do tickle and practice wrestling.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
We always play fight. My kids have yet to hit me out of anger if they did they'd be in a world of hurt. I think there's a difference from playing and doing something out anger. It sounds like the mom has no control over her kids of they do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN