Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe this is allowed in schools!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

So... yesterday at the gym I watched some reruns of 20/20.... and saw one story about two 14 year old boys...... one of them was openly gay and even dressed in high heels to school.  The other one was straight, he was a basketball jock.

Well the gay one had  a crush on the straight guy.......... and he would tell him constantly by telling how he felt and touching (his own) penis at the same time, shouting "I love you!" in the hallway, and publicly asing him to be his Valentine in front of all of his friends at bball practice. (Or maybe it was a game?) THere's more, but you get the idea.

ANYWAY, teachers saw him do this and no one did anything.  THey said that was not against the rules.

RIght around Valentines Day ---------- the bball jock couldn't take it anymore and killed the gay student. He was originally charged with a hate crime, but in the end he pleaded guily and is serving a 20 year sentence. He'll be out when he is 38. 

NO, I DO NOT THINK HE SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM.  But I don't think that kind of behavior should be allowed in schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does your kids school have bullying? Were you bullied as a kid?  Do you think this is bullying,  or is it fine and it doesn't bother you one bit?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anfinley89
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think it matters if the student was gay or not. I dont think any child should go through any type of sexual harassment or bullying. I understand that the boy was frustrated but he did not have to kill him either. The school should have stepped in and made a stop to it. It wasnt fair to either student. I was bullied as a kid and I took it upon myself to stand up for those who were bullied. I tried to help anyone as much as I could because I knew how it felt to be in their situation and I didnt like it.

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it was "bullying".  Harrassment, maybe.

anotherhalf
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I would say it was harassment.  The school should have stopped it.  I doubt a guy could have gotten away with that behavior toward a girl or a female teacher.

PortiaRose
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM
That wasn't how it was, and you know it.
The jock was being an asshole to the gay kid. A complete bully. The gay kid did that stuff to retaliate against him, to embarrass him. He killed the kid because he was too macho to take it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

You must be thinking of a different story, because what I wrote is what 20/20 reported. And, they even interviewed a teacher who talked about it.

Quoting PortiaRose:

The jock was being an asshole to the gay kid. A complete bully. The gay kid did that stuff to retaliate against him, to embarrass him. He killed the kid because he was too macho to take it.

You m

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

In fact, the jurors on the case were wearing bracelets that said "Save Brandon" - Brandon is the killer! They didn't want him to serve so much time in jail

PortiaRose
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Whatever. I heard a different story with the same kids. And the jock went to jail where he belongs.

Quoting Anonymous:

You must be thinking of a different story, because what I wrote is what 20/20 reported. And, they even interviewed a teacher who talked about it.

Quoting PortiaRose:

You m

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
It was cuz he was a straight, white kid. But he did it, and that's all that matters. Its never occured to me to kill anyone...

Quoting Anonymous:

In fact, the jurors on the case were wearing bracelets that said "Save Brandon" - Brandon is the killer! They didn't want him to serve so much time in jail

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on May. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I think that what the gay student was doing was sexual harrassment and the school should have put a stop to it.

I would think the same thing if it had been a girl doing that to a boy or a boy doing it to a girl.

Any unwanted advances should be stopped ASAP reguardless of the gender of either student

KeepJeep
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I believe this is the case I previously read about. I'm with Portia if it is the same case. The jock was bullying the gay child and he finally had enough. He embarrassed the bully when he retaliated and the bully killed him. Regardless of who started it, it's a sad situation.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)