Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe this is allowed in schools!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So... yesterday at the gym I watched some reruns of 20/20.... and saw one story about two 14 year old boys...... one of them was openly gay and even dressed in high heels to school.  The other one was straight, he was a basketball jock.

Well the gay one had  a crush on the straight guy.......... and he would tell him constantly by telling how he felt and touching (his own) penis at the same time, shouting "I love you!" in the hallway, and publicly asing him to be his Valentine in front of all of his friends at bball practice. (Or maybe it was a game?) THere's more, but you get the idea.

ANYWAY, teachers saw him do this and no one did anything.  THey said that was not against the rules.

RIght around Valentines Day ---------- the bball jock couldn't take it anymore and killed the gay student. He was originally charged with a hate crime, but in the end he pleaded guily and is serving a 20 year sentence. He'll be out when he is 38. 

NO, I DO NOT THINK HE SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM.  But I don't think that kind of behavior should be allowed in schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does your kids school have bullying? Were you bullied as a kid?  Do you think this is bullying,  or is it fine and it doesn't bother you one bit?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Thats sexual harrassment, no bully policy needed. A teacher should have gotten the legal system involved because they are there to protect and educate the children during that time. The school failed both kids.

twrwifey
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

There's gotta be more to it. That is complete sexual harassment, but to kill someone over it??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Definitely harassment. I think the blood spilled is on everyone who witnessed what was going on and did nothing. Just because one is gay does not make it ok. IMO, the jock, should serve time but, I think that's a little steep.
Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Is it bullying when a girl that has a crush on a guy behaves the same way?

My answer is no, it isn't bullying. Bullying is generally characterized by acts of intimidation.BUT this should be taken as harassment from one student to another and should not have been allowed to continue after the student stated he was not comfortable with the gay students advances. I would say the same for a student of any gender/sexual identity.

paknari
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM
So you mean to tell me that under no circumstance could you kill someone?! I find that hard to believe. If your child was molested you can honestly tell me you couldn't kill the person responsible?! Sorry but if the teachers had taken care of the situation without being afraid of insulting a gay person this could have been prevented. There comes a point where it is innapropriate regardless of what sex you are flirting with.

Quoting PortiaRose:

It was cuz he was a straight, white kid. But he did it, and that's all that matters. Its never occured to me to kill anyone...

Quoting Anonymous:

In fact, the jurors on the case were wearing bracelets that said "Save Brandon" - Brandon is the killer! They didn't want him to serve so much time in jail

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Wrong. I'm sure that he wasn't attracted to that jock. He knew who he was. He just turned the bullying around on him, and he got so humiliated he couldn't deal.

The teachers failed BOTH the kids.

Quoting paknari:

So you mean to tell me that under no circumstance could you kill someone?! I find that hard to believe. If your child was molested you can honestly tell me you couldn't kill the person responsible?! Sorry but if the teachers had taken care of the situation without being afraid of insulting a gay person this could have been prevented. There comes a point where it is innapropriate regardless of what sex you are flirting with.

Quoting PortiaRose:

It was cuz he was a straight, white kid. But he did it, and that's all that matters. Its never occured to me to kill anyone...

Quoting Anonymous:

In fact, the jurors on the case were wearing bracelets that said "Save Brandon" - Brandon is the killer! They didn't want him to serve so much time in jail

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by Shell on May. 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM

That is actually sexual harassment. 

and yes I was bullied and my middle is being picked on right now,  I'm teaching him way to deal with it.  Ways that I was never taught so hopefully he can actually enjoy school.  It has already helped a bit. 

marchantmom06
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Article??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bi-polarmommy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:19 AM

its sexual harassment

weather its from the same gender or the oppsite gender, stuff like that is still sexual harassment.  i guarantee you that if the boy were straight, and doing that to a girl, he would have been arrested a long time ago.  yes, gays should have the same rights as the rest of us, but they should also have the sam,e rules, and consequenses

Achromia
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I would consider that sexual harassment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)