Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I let my kids disrespect me because it's a new trend." WTF?!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM
  • 113 Replies
1 mom liked this
This is what my evil mom told my aunt when she asked her why she let's my younger sisters talk to her crazy. My 20 year old sister even puts her hands on her!

What are your thoughts on this?

The thing that ruffles my feathers more than anything else in this world is disrespectful kids! My child won't be following the new trend because I don't play that! I really hate when kids ask "What?" when being called. My son better answer "Yes" or something else! Please tell me I am not the only one who feels this way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misslady80013
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Really? No one? I am interested in hearing other opinions on this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OkieMom2673
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm with ya! My boys know better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM
That statement was one of the dumbest I have ever heard in my life! I really don't understand it and it will never be ok in my house. Thanks, I thought I was the only one.

Quoting OkieMom2673:

I'm with ya! My boys know better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM
17 moms liked this

Apparently I'm out of the loop because I've never heard of this new trend.

If my kids want to be trendy and follow it then I will start the new trend of slapping the taste out of their mouth. Sounds fair to me.

misslady80013
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Hahahahaha! Love your new trend idea! Lol! Sounds fair to me too. I was like are you serious?! That is something I won't tolerate in my house.

Quoting GomezMami2908:

If my kids want to be trendy and follow it then I will start the new trend of slapping the taste out of their mouth. Sounds fair to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicndetsmom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
In my family, if one of us put hands on our moms (which wasn't gonna happen period), the others would've kicked that persons ass. That's just us though lol.

I wish my kids would, that's all I'm sayin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Totally agree. We have been having a problem with SS who is 5 being mouthy and disrespectful. If you buy him something new- Clothes or toys - he automatically tells you he hates them without even looking. So, he gets sent to his room and I also have a talk with him and explain that it's disrespectful and all that junk.

Recently whenever you talk to him... His response is "Boringgggg." Makes my blood boil. He is sent to his room until he apologizes and can talk to people respectfully. It's getting better little by little..

I don't know why people let their kids walk all over them and treat them like crap. NO WAY.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2012 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I will absolutely not stand for any disrespect from my children. Oh, and even my 3 year knows that when they are called they are NEVER to respond with a 'what?' A 'yes mom?' or "yes?' is expected when they are called.

m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 5, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

this.

Quoting GomezMami2908:

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this
wow if one of my kids did that to me, one of my other kids would kick that kids ass! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)