Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I let my kids disrespect me because it's a new trend." WTF?!

Posted by   + Show Post
This is what my evil mom told my aunt when she asked her why she let's my younger sisters talk to her crazy. My 20 year old sister even puts her hands on her!

What are your thoughts on this?

The thing that ruffles my feathers more than anything else in this world is disrespectful kids! My child won't be following the new trend because I don't play that! I really hate when kids ask "What?" when being called. My son better answer "Yes" or something else! Please tell me I am not the only one who feels this way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Replies (111-113):
misslady80013
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Love it! That's a great idea! I already discussed our son taking a self defense class when he is older. Everyone is like it's too early, lol. It is, but I am not shopping for teachers or anything. He will be 4 weeks tomorrow, lol. After reading your answer, I will be taking the class too! These bullies are out of hand these days and it will only get worse. I want him to be able to kick someone's ass if they put their hands on him. You know what I mean?

Quoting rhope4:

I found a rather unique way to deal with this, but I'm not as strict as you ladies are (should be though). 

My ex threatened my life a few years ago, and since martial arts was being taught in a building my father owns, I approached the instructor and got me AND my three kids enrolled in it.  I did it for a double purpose.  One was to teach us all to defend ourselves, and two, the kids know I know just as much as they do about fighting if they choose to act on the teen rebellion phase, lol.

Last night, this was proven to my 18 yo son.  We usually spar (fight) for points, which means that the instructor breaks the match briefly when one of us lands a hit or kick that hasn't been blocked.  Well, yesterday he just let us fight for two minutes without calling a break, and my son forgot to wear his cup!  Unfortunately for him, the groin is my favorite place to kick, and he was BENT OVER!!  I had to turn my back so I could laugh because he'd been getting on my nerves, and this was payback, lol.  He got me though.  I have a nice bruise on my left arm, but it's all good.  He can sometimes take me in point sparring, but when it comes to fighting, I can still take HIM, lol.

We're at the same rank but not quite to black belt.  We ARE in the advanced stages though.  Four more tests, and we'll have black.  I estimate about two to three more years, and we've been in it coming on four years already.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mkuebler
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

In my house disrespect=a good spanking, no questions asked.

misslady80013
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Yes, somebody will be getting popped! Being disrespected really makes my blood boil because I honestly do treat others the way I want to be treated. My SO learned his lesson a while ago. Lol

Quoting mkuebler:

In my house disrespect=a good spanking, no questions asked.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN