Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to call CPS on my mom... * very graphic proceed with caution*

Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I really want to call CPS on my mom. I think she has a chemical imbalance that makes her a little craycray. I told her she needs to see a therapist or foot her family doctor for her mental stability. A little BG before I get into it.
My mother divorce my crackhead and abusive father when I was 9. He would tell me to go find his " medicine" aka his drugs for him when I was around 8 years old. I saw him beat my mother in front to me a handful of times. When they got the divorce my mom started being verbally and physically abusive. I got beat for everything and anything where as my sibling who are younger( middle child is a girl 'J' and youngest a boy 'C') were never touched unless they did something horrid. my siblings and I went to move in with my maternal grandma for that year. My mother married a dickwad when I was 10. From age 10 to 14 he molested me. He stuck his tongue in my mouth, fondled my breasts, try to run in the bathroom when I was showering, unlock my door in the middle of the night just to stand there and watch, almost raped me, etc. he never laid a hand on my siblings. I was too terrified to tell when in the beginning, but when I did she didn't believe me. She continued to live with him for a few month and I moved 18 hours away at 14. I have been on my own since then. I have my fair share of a fucked up past and do not deny it but I am the best person I can be now. I talked to her about once a year and tried to visit siblings as often as I could. I started talking to her on a monthly basis since i was pregnant. DD is now 2 turning 3 in 5 months. She is a great grandmother, but terrible mother. DD is never with her unsupervised. She married a man last year. He is the father I have never had. A great man and great grandfather to my DD.
Now on to the present. Even with this great man my mom fucks up. She is verbally abusive to siblings at home. J is 19 and C is 14. C is talking about getting his life over with. She goes out and drinks every single weekend. She leaves the same food for 4 days for them to eat. Fridge is never stocked unless she has company over. This has been getting a little better, but not much. J will be off to college in August and C is still in high school. J can move out so I'm not too worried about her, but C is stuck in the house with her crazy ass. I want to talk my mom not giving me legal guardianship of C so he can come live with me for his mental saneness since I am financially capable to do so now. If she doesn't I will call CPS on her and hope they do something. How can I bring up the subject to do so ? If I can CPS will they let me have him or will they send him to a foster home ? DH and I have a 4 bedroom home so there is plenty of space. Any advice in this situation is very much appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM

sounds horrible, but to take i kid from a mother u have to prove, all of these thing u explained, and u have to take her to court.

by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I don't know what to tell you.  You can't just take a person kid away these days, unless there is severe issues going on in the house that can be proven by CPS.  You can say she is mentally verbally abusive but I don't know if that will work. He is in no physical danger, no neglect and has his own room, food to eat and is financially supported there. I don't see this being easy.  But you could try.  I have seen parents lose their children for worse.  She might just let him live with you if you ask and have a talk with them both.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I would talk to her and if she refuses then call CPs. Just make sure they know you would want to take responsibility for the minor for a better life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, she sounds like a loser. Just tell her you'd take him off of her hands, she might be grateful. Is he doing well in school? If not, you could say that you would help him in school to get passing grades or something. Tell him to make up some story of bullies or something at school then offer to take him to your house so he can start at a fresh school? I dunno, I feel bad for you brother and hope he can get out of that environment, without having to be removed by the state.

by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM
I would try to talk it out with her first. My baby brother talks about taking his life. I am so far away that I can't really help much to move him in me half way across the country. He is the brightest kid ever. He's on of those kids who aces test even though he's never studied the materials.
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM
2 moms liked this
You got me at craycray
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Definitely talk to her first -- tell her you'd like him to come live with you on a 'trial' basis.   As someone else said, she might be happy to get rid of him for a while.    If that doesn't work, definitely call CPS.   Your brother is threatening suicide because of his living conditions.   If CPS removes him from the home, they would definitely consider giving you custody -- you're family, and you're stable.

Your brother is very lucky to have a sister like you.   I wish you both all the best!!!

by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I would do averything in my power to get him away from her. When a child is talking about taking his life this is serious cry for help. No time needs to be waisted! Tomorrow may be too late. He may not wake up the next day while you are still wondering what to do! They're may kids in similar situations but not all of them are lucky enough to have someone willing to pull them out of that rut! I can see you are very concerned. Call cps and and ask your brotherspeak plain what is going on to a school counselor. This may really help. What if you just tried talking to your mother about it. Say there is a better school for him to attend in your area and that she can be sure he'll be taken care of.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

your mom would have the choice of who C went to live with if they take him from her and by the sound of it they probably wouldn't just for the things you said. You would be lucky to get them to even check out your mom. Not saying she should have him and you shouldn't but unfortunatly this is just the way cps works.

by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM
lol me too

Quoting Anonymous:

You got me at craycray

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN